A file and a meal, a good one

Recluse x Call Bell

/////SMUT/////

_____

Jazz was playing on the old phonograph, accompanied by the rustling of sheets. Recluse rubbed his temple with his thumb and forefinger before letting out a heavy sigh and looking at the clock hanging on the wall above his office door. He should be here any minute, he thought. His back rested against the rear of his chair and he loosened his tie a little to breathe more easily. He'd been working on the same case for several hours and didn't seem to be making much progress.

That was to be expected. He suspected that he would not be able to make any real advancement without the help of his friend, and in fact, that help was supposed to come at any time. The bell of the entrance of the apartment that served as offices for the small detective business rang and he suddenly got up from his seat to go to the door. When he opened it, a familiar blonde figure dressed in black entered his field of vision. He sketched a smile before stepping aside to leave the other inside.

"I've been waiting for you." he stated.

"Sorry. Ronald suddenly crashed at Inference's table and I couldn't get the file back under those conditions."

Ronald, huh. Recluse wasn't sure why but he and Inference often hung out together. He knew that the detective was mainly doing this because of his work due to an accident that had happened at the theater where the other worked but he had the impression that there was something else that both men were hiding even though he couldn't put his finger on it. Anyway, it was none of his business and all that mattered to him was the blond man in front of his eyes who worked in the same agency as Inference. His role consisted in infiltrating suspicious places or relaying confidential information as it was the case here where he had taken the appearance of a waiter in a restaurant bringing him his takeaway order.

"Ah, it wasn't a scold, don't worry." far from it, he could wait forever knowing that the male would come of his own free will to his door, if one could really say that.

Call Bell threw one of his famous inquisitive looks at the dark-haired man and Recluse was not sure how to react, the expression of the latter hidden by a mask made it more difficult to guess what he could think, and simply sketched his usual smile to the man. He finally looked away to the relief of the brunet, although it would not have bothered him so much if this pair of jet-black eyes still lingered a little on him. What he wouldn't do to get the blond's attention on him.

Call Bell finally approached Recluse's desk, frowning slightly under his bangs as he saw the state of it, piles of sheets and documents scattered in all directions creating a total mess. He put down the metallic case which he never separated from on the ground before starting to clean up to see more clearly. Recluse joined him quickly to help him, unsettled that the blond man was taking care of this in his stead.

"You haven't changed."

Recluse gave him a small sheepish snort of laughter as he put the last stack of sheets elsewhere. His desk finally looked like a desk now! He noticed Call Bell's eyes squint at the same sight and a smirk played on his lips.

"Why are you smiling stupidly?"

The dark-haired man gasped while running every one of his brain cells to figure out what to answer but he quickly gave up when he saw the blond man move on and grab his briefcase again to put it on the now clean desk. He removed the two clips that closed it then opened it, revealing a brown envelope carefully arranged inside. He took this one between his gloved hands and then handed it to Recluse.

"Thank you."

Call Bell nodded. Their fingers touched for a split second as he handed him the document but neither man commented on it. Recluse took the sheets out of the envelope and so began to read them, however, he would feel bad leaving the other waiting like that and decided to start the conversation at the same time.