A musician, a huntsman, a song.

Experienced Huntsman x Music Master

____

Aesop Carl was a musician. A pianist, to be more precise. He could play several instruments but he had a preference for the piano and it was not there for no reason. Each note on which his fingers rested, twirling from a black key to a white in a well elaborated rhythm, created a breathtaking melody and charmed each person in his audience.

The young man was not a talkative person but through his music he expressed himself, it was as if you had just submitted a revolutionary idea to an inventor and he couldn't stop rambling about it. Words were not coming out of his mouth but from his black grand piano, sounds.

In the society where he lived, arts and virtues were paramount. Thus, because of his talent and his particular affinity with music, Aesop was the center of attention of the nobility. As the son of a wealthy baron, his expertise in playing the piano helped his family rise to the top of the caste and gain some fame. He was the golden goose of the Carl family.

His education was very strict as the arts were not everything and he had to master sciences and politics while perfecting his techniques every day. A busy routine for a young man who had never experienced making friends, as it was considered a frivolous thing that only served to distract him from the path his parents said he should follow.

One day, Aesop received a letter with a golden seal. He had been summoned to the next ball at the royal palace to perform as the main artist. A true honor that was supposed to build him a road paved with gold and lead him to wealth. However, the greed of men was well known and this sudden attention to a small noble family also attracted jealous glances. 

As the silver-haired musician climbed into his carriage and set off for the capital from his suburban mansion, his life seemed to flash before his eyes. The carriage shook violently and he heard the horses neighing like mad beasts. Between the shaking, his head hit the wall violently and stunned him.

He thought he saw the door open and felt an arm pull him out. His hand rested against his forehead, his ears ringing. His vision was blurred at that moment and it was difficult for him to assess the situation. What was going on? An attack in broad daylight? Screams of pain and agony finally echoed in his mind and everything went white.

A hoot.

It was the only thing he could hear in the darkness. Where was he? What had happened? He couldn't think because of the owl that kept chirping. Then he opened his eyes, suddenly, abruptly, with a gasp, a drop of sweat beading from his forehead as he realized he was lying on something soft.

His gray eyes looked quickly to the right and then to the left. It was as if he were in some kind of shack. He slowly sat up, realizing that he was lying on a sheet covering a straw mattress. He scanned the room again and saw various dried herbs hanging and all sorts of utensils that looked like they had been used quite a bit, scattered all over.

What was this place? He couldn't think about it for long when the door to the room suddenly opened, the sudden light from outside contrasting with the darkness of the hut dazzling him slightly and forcing him to squint. He thought he heard a 'sorry' then the door closed and he was able to open his eyes again.

"You're awake?" asked a deep, low voice.

He didn't answer anything, simply in shock. In front of him stood a man dressed in a very strange way, but the most surprising thing was surely the mask with a horn that hid his eyes. The stranger walked with his bare feet to him and put what looked like a basket full of flowers and herbs on the side. Aesop then heard the hooting again and then the flapping of wings.