I love you, so much.

TW: Murder

_______

Tap tap tap.

They both walked through the bushes of yellow roses. It was a day like any other at the manor, and Aesop had invited Eli to go for a walk in the garden with him. It wasn't particularly sunny, the sky was gray from the clouds and the breeze was cold but they didn't mind, the sun was too bright for the embalmer's taste.

"Do you remember what they meant?" he asked.

"You said it was a sign of friendship right?"

"Indeed."

Truly, the seer was surely the person with the greatest memory of all those he knew.

"I'd rather give you red ones though." he replied with a smile.

Ah. How lovely. There was nothing hateful about Eli Clark, he was just... perfection.

"Aesop?"

The brunet widened his eyes slightly behind his blindfold when he felt the other male suddenly pull him into a hug. He laughed softly and put his arms around the other, one hand on his waist and the other caressing his silky silver hair. He knew that the latter preferred to express himself through gestures rather than words.

But what didn't the seer know?

Nothing.

Maybe that's why he decided not to struggle even when the needle of a syringe was stuck in his neck. He simply smiled and whispered a few words to his beloved with his last breath. His body then freed itself from a weight that came to rest against that of the embalmer. Aesop's expression hadn't changed throughout this time and he carried Eli's body to his room.

There he laid the inert man on the bed and removed his blindfold. His face had still kept his smile, angelic, soothing. This one never failed to make his heart beat. He passed his gloved hand against the cheek of the brown-haired man, still feeling a little of his body heat against the fabric of his glove. He remained still a few seconds to admire his face before putting himself at work.

Eli Clark, as mysterious and bright as the moon. The man had taken Aesop out of his cage and made him discover what love was. Probably the most amazing and at the same time indecipherable feeling he had ever experienced.

"You can't seek what you can't see."

The male had expressed several times that he wished the embalmer would break away from the path that had been laid out for him by his mentor, he wished that Aesop would forget everything he had been through before coming to the manor and be able to smile at him sincerely, without any darkness in his eyes. Unfortunately, those two blue orbs would never open to see that again, although that goal was still not achieved.

When the gray-eyed male finished tending to his lover's body, he gently placed it in a coffin he had prepared for the occasion and placed a yellow rose in his hands.

"But you already know that, don't you? Just like you know how much I love you and that the state you're in is the ultimate form of my love..."

Never had Eli Clark looked so beautiful.