Getting used to this

Modern AU

____

That feeling of softness against his lips, that hand grazing lightly his cheek as if afraid that it could hurt him. It felt unreal. Who could have thought that things would end up like this? Two souls meeting each other, first starting as strangers then as time passed, an unbreakable bond had been formed which tied one to the other.

He felt the grip on his waist getting tighter as his boyfriend finally released him.

"A-Aesop..."

"Look at your face..." he said while putting his arms around his neck and crossing his legs as he sat on Eli's lap. "You're already so flustered..."

"Yours is just as red as well..."

"Well... I guess we just have to get used to this... Slowly..." he whispered quietly.

Aesop cupped Eli's face in his hands and brought his face closer to kiss him again, ignoring his flushed cheeks and solely focusing on the blue eyes of the other looking at him. That warm feeling inside his chest still felt weird to him but at the same time, he couldn't help but crave for more.

It has only been a few weeks since Eli and him started dating after months of pinning each other but he never felt so much happiness than now.

Eli hugged him so firmly like he wouldn't let him escape and he returned his love by leaning even more in their kiss, melting under all that love and blushing sharply to their tongues meeting and waltzing with each other.

A few of his gray strands fell over Eli's face but the latter didn't seem to mind. Actually, the only thing the brunet could think was how his lover looked so mesmerizing. Unlike what others thought of Aesop, he had a completely opposite opinion.

What if his hair and eyes were the color of a dull gray, the truth was far from that.

To Eli, Aesop's features were the most beautiful. He loved when the sun shone on his silky hair, making it seem like he was an angel sent from the heavens. He cherished those two gray pupils which bore a mysterious and mystic aura reminding him of the moon's glow.

"Eli... Ah..." he mumbled as he changed the angle he was kissing him.

For Aesop, Eli had always been someone who was as dazzling as the sun. When they first met, his eyes always wandered to search for him without realizing it himself. He thought they would never be able to become friends but somehow, Eli succeeded in breaking the wall around him.

Step by step, they learned more about themselves and then, not really knowing how it happened, they ended up in this sort of relationship.

In short, both were fully infatuated with each other.

"Aesop," he cut in, breathless, "I love you."

"I already know..." he said while pressing another kiss to his lips.

"What about you...?"

"Do I really have to say it even though you know the answer..." he paused, "I think I never loved anyone as much as I love you. I don't believe I would even be able to live without you. Does this answer satisfy you?"

"Very much."

The man smiled softly before putting a hand in his boyfriend's hair and kissing the top of his head lovingly.