White Feathers

White x Trickster

CW: Very lil' bit of blood

_____

Life is fleeting.

This is what he heard for half of his life. He always had this one sentence in mind even if he didn't really understand it, just like he didn't understand how emotions work. But now, he felt like he finally caught its meaning. It was crystal clear in his head.

His eyes looked at the small frame between his hands, slightly painted by blood stains, red dots covering his white gloves.

Then the bird shivered, showing that life still flows in those pure white wings. He wasn't that small and was rather big actually, maybe the size of an owl, it simply was that compared to the human body, his feathered-friend's size was quite insignificant.

He didn't really understand why he was doing such a thing, it wasn't like him.

His black pupils looked one last time at him before laying the animal on the desk and starting to tend to his injuries. How did a bird get hurt so badly? Maybe he had a fight with another one but then he started to fear what kind of monster could hunt such a big owl.

After a bit, he was finally done. He threw the bloody cotton away and cleaned the place until it was shining. The white bird was resting peacefully on his cushion in the meantime, his chest slowly rising and falling. He sat beside him, stroking it delicately. He was quite surprised by how soft his feathers were, his cheeks turning slightly red.

"Such a strange bird..." he whispered.

And it was really the case. He had never seen a bird with strange golden markings like that. It was so peculiar that it was most likely that he belonged to someone. Tomorrow, when the sun rises, he will try to search for his owner. His chest tightened a bit at this thought but he quickly dismissed it.

On that note, he changed clothes and sneaked into his bed while being careful not to crush the bird, laying right beside him. He stared at it again, enjoying the view a bit more, as if to carve the memory of that weird bird in his mind, fearing that everything was in fact a dream and he would have disappeared when waking up. 

Eventually, he fell asleep.

Hours passed by and the stars were shining so brightly in the sky that a faint glow from the moon was litting up the room. The black-haired man was sleeping soundly but at his side, the bird had indeed faded away. However, instead of the small animal, stood a man clad in white with a blindfold over his eyes. A smile was drawn on his face as he put the single white lock of his savior behind his ear.

"Thank you, human. Your kindness shall forever be engraved in my mind."

His gaze then drifted to his arm where gauze was wrapped around it. His fingers reached for it to take it off, the white fabric falling to the floor. Surprisingly, there was no sign of injury on his skin, not even a single scar.

"Looks like the trial went well." he stated before turning again towards the sleeping man. "Today you saved my life. Next time you may want to take it again though. Only fate will tell us but until then, I wish you good dreams."

The white-haired man then leaned a bit over the other, planting a kiss on his forehead. He backed up after that and stood up to open the window. As he was about to jump from it, he glanced at the male's face again. That mix of black and white reminded him of his past and the fact that this encounter shall remain a secret.

The man didn't seem to be evil but he knew better than to judge a book by its cover.

He wondered how things would unfold the day they would see each other again but even if they still ended up on opposite sides, the wheel could still spin and surprise all of them.

He was indebted to him after all.