Claws and Fangs

Longing Tiger x Exorcist Snake Aesop

Tw: Small murder

_________

Somewhere in a vast continent, were two kingdoms, two races. On one side, there were beings gifted with the ability to tear and rip anything with their claws. Those were the tigers. They inspired fear in whoever came near them and were ruthless. However, they also had a strong sense of justice and did not forgive any act of unfairness. There, the rule of the stronger was primed but the latter had to bear great wisdom.

On the other side were the snakes. The latter were quite vicious unlike their sharp-toothed neighbors. Their virtues were very different from theirs since they preferred to be more discreet in their activities and to plant their poisonous fangs in the flesh of their prey in order to let the toxin slowly gain every parcel, leaving it to agonize until it gave its last breath.

All this to get to the fact that the two races did not get along, being even implicitly declared enemies. The tigers could not tolerate the cunning nature of the snakes and the latter could not stand the ego that the hairy beasts had. The tension between the two sides was electric and neither seemed willing to give the other a chance to strike.

However, the territory was not exactly divided in two, there were neutral zones of course. Those were there so that tigers and snakes could hunt freely and by hunting... That meant hunting absolutely anything they wanted. A land that was under the domination of no one but Mother Nature and where everyone ventured to survive despite the fact that this place could also become their own grave.

Nevertheless, there were some brave people who were not afraid of anything. Among them was a young tiger prince in particular. He often roamed the forest in search of prey, his paws crashing into the soil and leaving footprints behind him as the branches in front of him snapped as he ran wild. Suddenly, he smelled a metallic scent and stopped abruptly.

His steps led him to the smell and he saw an animal spread out on some leaves. A snake. This one was a light gray and looked like it was wounded, seeing a red spot on its body. Just his luck. The tiger threw himself on the poor beast to make it his dinner when the snake suddenly moved to his great surprise. The blood was actually a decoy, it was one of its prey's. 

The gray snake quickly wrapped itself around his legs before crawling around his neck, then changing its form to take on a human appearance. A young man dressed in a black suit and red leather was now on his back, his lips were hidden by a mask with spikes and he had an arm around the tiger's neck, a short sword in hand stuck against it.

"Who would have thought that I would find such beautiful prey today..." he hissed.

The tiger snarled and moved suddenly, startling the snake. The latter was knocked off his back and the feline also changed shape. Covered in his orange-brown robes and a blindfold covering his eyes, his fangs protruded a little, his lips parted. The tiger was now on top of the snake, holding each of his wrists against the ground, his knees on either side of the male.

"I wonder who's the prey here..."

"You want to bet...?"

"Huh?"

He heard a metallic sound. The ears on his head perked up and he suddenly looked up. He hadn't noticed it until now but there was another male standing near a tree in front of him. This one had platinum hair and was dressed in shades of green and blue. He held a crossbow in his hands and aimed right at the tiger's head. The feline growled before hastily releasing the gray snake and stepping aside, the other doing the same, an arrow now stuck in the ground right where they were.