Black Diamond

Poisonfeather x Duality 

____

"I think I've found something you might like~!"

The young woman with amethyst eyes sketched a big smile as she looked her interlocutor straight in the eye. A mysterious man wearing a bird mask on his face. He was sitting on his throne, his arms resting on the sides of it. He was dressed entirely in black, if not for the multiple golden threads on his clothes that gave him a certain look of wealth and arrogance. In fact, the place where they were seemed to match his attire, or was it the other way around?

It was an old castle that they had taken possession of after an invasion and he had claimed it as his right. The corner of his lips turned up as he heard the news from his follower, he didn't really like surprises but this one came from the woman he considered his right hand man and she knew not to bother him with nonsense so it must have been worth it.

"Speak." he said calmly, though one could feel there was a hint of excitement.

Annie clapped loudly with a chuckle before whistling as she brought her thumb and forefinger to her lips. The master of the castle leaned his head against the palm of his hand, eager to discover his gift. A few seconds passed before arrived... a... man...?

"What is that?" he asked, raising a hidden eyebrow under his mask.

With his hands bound behind his back and his knees against the ground, a young man with black hair was presented before his eyes. He wore a black mask with blue and yellow spiral patterns and a shirt of the same fabric with the first buttons undone as if he had struggled before arriving here. His breath sounded jerky and his red and yellow eyeshadow was quite atypical.

"This..." She paused in order to build up the suspense.

She approached the male by sketching a sly smile then violently grabbed his bangs to raise his face. The prisoner let out a grunt at the cruel treatment, his eyes now directed at the man in black. They were empty of emotion. So strange... So interesting... Eli displayed a smirk.

"I see that the master understood the value of my present~!" Exclaimed the young woman.

"Indeed. Go see Mike in the treasury, tell him I sent you and he will know what to do."

"T-Thank you very much!"

Annie's eyes lit up with envy and greed and she immediately released the poor man to whom her slender fingers were clutched, his head coming to bump against the floor now that nothing was holding him back.

The young woman hurriedly left the place and the male sitting on the throne finally stood up when it was only him and his prey in the room. He approached slowly, placing one foot in front of the other, then finally stopped a few inches from the bound man. He bent down to his level and grabbed his chin, forcing him to look at him.

"What's your name?"

He doubted the latter was in any shape to answer him, but he preferred to ask anyway.

"...arl..."

"Hm? Speak up, I can't hear anything. I'll take off this mask if you don't."

The male's dark eyes flickered at the comment and Eli made a mental note of it. Did his mask hold some sentimental importance or something? It wasn't that he was the type to care about such trivial things, but it could come in handy if needed...

"Well?" He pressed.

"A-Aesop... C-Carl..." He whispered more audibly this time.

His voice was shaky and he kept stuttering, not the talkative type apparently. Eli gave him a gentle smile before letting go of his chin and suddenly lifting him by the hips and throwing him over his shoulder. Aesop shuddered at the contact but said nothing and simply let himself be carried along the corridors of the residence.