Coming back for my past

Omegaverse Modern AU

Cw: Implied smut

______

'Can we meet?'

'I didn't think you'd have the nerve to contact me after all this time.'

'Sorry. That's also why I'd like to see you again.'

'4pm. The usual.'

'Thank you, I love you.'

'I wish I could say the same, Clark.'

His fingers were tempted to type an apology again but he decided to hold back. It probably wasn't decent coming from him. He was already lucky that Aesop hadn't changed his number in the meantime and had also answered, taking into account their background. It was going to be complicated but he wasn't going to give up. It might be hard to believe but Aesop meant everything to him and somewhere deep down he hoped that was still the case for the latter. He was going to explain everything to him tomorrow and everything would return to the right place.

That's what he thought.

"Mom... Who's the mister...?"

"No one, honey."

Eli widened his eyes. 'Mom!'? Never would he have imagined seeing his former lover again five years later with a child. The little girl was sitting in a chair next to her mother, enjoying a slice of chocolate cake and glancing at him occasionally with a curious look. Aesop was calmly sipping his black coffee, eyes downcast and avoiding the dark-haired man's eyes.

If he had a child... his plans were surely falling apart...

Well, what did he expect? After disappearing so suddenly without saying anything, it was no wonder the other male had moved on and started his own family. He sketched a forced smile and took a sip of his tea.

"This is your daughter? Um, congratulations...? I'm glad to know you were able to find someone else after...-"

"I didn't." he said, cutting him off abruptly.

"W-what-"

"I haven't been with anyone else since you left me, Eli Clark. To this day I still take suppressants and without being too intimate, I also haven't had sex with anyone since then."

A cold shiver ran down the man's spine as he quickly came to the most obvious conclusion.

"That means that-"

"No." Aesop then looked up at him for the first time, menacingly, as if flames were ready to burst from his eyes. "This is not your daughter. Memory has no father or other parent."

"Aesop- I'm sorry-"

"I have nothing else to say to you."

The gray-haired male rose from his seat and urged his child to do the same before taking her hand. He left a bill on the table and then turned his back on Eli. However, just as he was about to leave, a hand came to seize his wrist. His face then turned to contemplate the other's desperate expression. A mere hypocrite.

"Aesop, please, let me explain, I couldn't do otherwise at that time, I-"

"You haven't changed Eli Clark... You are still as selfish as ever."

Aesop sighed before pushing his hand away. However, to his surprise, he didn't walk away and instead pulled his phone out of his bag. He walked away for a few seconds, still staying in Eli's line of sight, seemingly making a phone call. The call lasted hardly five minutes and he returned again towards the brunet. The latter suddenly surprised him by giving him back the bill he had left earlier.