Drowning in Honey

Hairdresser Eli x Model Aesop

____

Gray, straight, long locks. They were as soft as clouds to the touch, so frail and delicate he thought he would break them with a single graze.

A contrast with his piercing gaze, reflecting through the glass. Sharp eyes, a pointy nose and rosy lips. A beautiful face seeming full of confidence for someone who was about to fight the crowds of critical stares and get eaten whole.

"When will you be done?" he asked.

That single question snapped him out of his thoughts and he sketched a smile. He couldn't let him know that he was daydreaming again during his job. It wasn't very professional of him.

His brush combed the model's hair before his hands came to grab the strands to tie them nicely.

"Sorry but not yet."

"I always hated this."

"Me? Or me doing your hair?"

"The process is too long." he stated. "But I guess it's fine because you're the one doing it at least."

The brunet chuckled and put hairpins on his head to make the whole thing stable.

"I'm glad to hear that."

"You're the only one doing it well."

his hands stopped and his blue eyes looked at the other in the mirror, their gazes meeting. The latter had an incepherable expression as if he was staring at his soul. Then his fingers took a strand, kissing it.

"Your hair smells like honey."

The gray-haired one blushed slightly but his eyebrows were turned into a sad frown.

"Please- Don't do that-..."

Eli's eyes widened as he saw his reaction.

"Sorry."

The hairdresser let down his hair and stepped back. Both of them were looking awkwardly somewhere else, no word coming out of their mouths. As long as he could remember, Eli had always been by Aesop's side since his career as a model finally launched. They started as teammates, the brunet working hard to enhance the other's charm and letting him show off his elegance on the catwalk.

This was their relationship at first.

But then, after sometimes getting some drinks with the rest of the crew when a

fashion show was a success, the two men started seeing each other outside of work and eventually became friends. And then... eventually... something more.

It was after a heated night that both of them couldn't deny their mutual attraction anymore.

However, Aesop's popularity had already grown exponentially and the model had to put work before everything else as it was what he had been working for since years. As sad as it was, he couldn't abandon everything for a man. They grew distant after that but Eli understood his reasons, which is why he was still playing the role of his hairdresser.

"Would you like to grab a cup of coffee after that?"

"If it's just coffee... Alright."

A smile drew on Eli's face and he put a firm hand on Aesop's shoulder.

"I'll wait for you, good luck for the show."

"Thank you." he responded softly, putting his hand over his. "And sorry."

The brunet nodded and the model stood up to leave backstage not without giving one last glance to the man before that.

His chest tightened a bit but he brushed the distracting thoughts away and walked away.