A child and her parent

It was a beautiful afternoon, the rays of the sun lit up the garden, Eli found it perfect for a date with Aesop, who obviously did not refuse when he suggested it. However, neither of them expected their moment together to be interrupted by a small figure with blonde hair.

"A-Ahem..."

"Pfft..."

The seer and embalmer were standing by the fountain when the little girl who had just arrived at the manor came and threw her little arms around the gray-haired male's waist, burying her face against his stomach. Aesop was quite embarrassed and didn't know what to do with the situation while Eli simply watched from the sidelines, holding back a laugh. Something similar had already happened not so long ago...

"Memory... I think I told you this before but..."

"I know."

Aesop fell silent and widened his eyes slightly.

"I know you're not mom... But, just for a minute, can I stay like this?"

"That's..."

"You smell like roses... Mama loved roses too..."

The young embalmer froze at these words while feeling something wet on his clothes where the little girl was holding him. He didn't move for a moment, then after a few seconds of mental debate, he put his hand on the child's head, gently caressing it. He was not used to showing affection like this but strangely, it did not bother him this time. 

His fingers passed between the blond locks of the girl several times, it was not as awful as he thought after doing so many times. It reminded him of a vague memory of his childhood, going back a long way, when he was still a little boy. His mother used to make this same gesture to convey all her love to him, and it was probably one of the only things he still remembered.

"You seem to be enjoying this~" chimed in a voice behind him.

Aesop gasped and looked to the side, where Eli had been watching him the whole time with a grin on his face. It was the first time the brunet had seen his other half show such tenderness in front of someone other than himself, and even more so in front of a child. Perhaps it was due to the fact that she was still young and innocent but the embalmer didn't seem to be bothered by her sparkling eyes.

"E-Eli..."

Right at that moment, Memory lifted her head, her eyes a little puffy, sketching a wide smile that reached her ears.

"Mr. Carl is like Mom and Mr. Clark can be Dad!"

"W-What..."

Before the embalmer could add anything, the seer let out a laugh before joining in the embrace, taking both figures in his arms.

"E-Eli!"

"We're like one big family!"

The brown-haired man and the blonde laughed heartily together, and even Aesop couldn't hold back a slight smile under his mask. A big family... That didn't sound so bad.