Chapter 3

"Of course, I'll come with you! Oh my god! This is going to be so wild!" Delilah squeals and hugs me

I exhale in relief, glad that the contract I had made wasn't going to be wasted. I discussed everything with Malcolm already and he agreed, saying that he didn't see as to why Delilah shouldn't come with us.

"Are you sure? I mean, I wouldn't want to distract you from your studies or anything else. You shouldn't pause your life just because I asked you to," I tell her, not wanting to force her into anything.

"Pause my life? I'm going to see the world, you stupid. It's going to be... like what? Seven months of bliss? Fuck yes, I'll follow you to the end of the world, girl," she chuckles.

"We're going to leave in less than four weeks. Just so you know what to pack," I chuckle as I eye the mountain of clothing behind her.

We both have moved out of our dorms. Once I started gaining fame, I paused my studies and focused on what our band could achieve.

I guess I never went back to my studies.

Delilah, however, kept her focus on college. Is in her last year, in fact.

"So, you're going to take a gap year?" I ask her and raise my eyebrows. She nods. "You can do that, in your last year?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "Nope, college won't care," she chuckles.

"Perfect!" I squeal and hug her. But then I pull back with a frown.

"Won't uh... Matt have something to say about that? He's not going to be too happy."

Matt is her boyfriend. The newest one, I mean. She has had a few boyfriends over the past three years, and none of them have worked out.

Surprisingly enough, none of them have left her heartbroken. In fact, she's the one who breaks their hearts.

A little toxic trait of pushing people away as soon as they start showing affection. That's my analogy of it, at least.

She always tells me that she's just not into them, even though they're always pretty nice guys. But I think she doesn't like letting people into her heart. To give her the love she deserves.

Which is quite sad, but at least she has me and Vi to rely on.

"I think it's time to move on from Matt anyway," she grins, a naughty glint in her eyes. "You can't just leave him sad and heartbroken for the fun of it," I scold her.

She shakes her head. "No, I'm not, silly. But things with Matt are... boring? And he's always complaining about me going out and having fun. I don't need someone to put a leash on me."

And so, Delilah has taken the decision for herself to travel the world and not give a fuck about anyone might be thinking about it. Even her parents.

 Even her parents