56•John's Part Time Job

Abby's POV

Today is Friday and right now I am watching TV "Patrick I'm going to interview for a job for after school" John said "Where" Patrick asked. "At the mechanic shop" John said "Alright but be home for dinner" Patrick said and John dragged me and Corey outside. "Why do we have to come" I whined "The boss Mitch Linger wants to meet you guys since I said have siblings" John said. "Fine" Corey said and we arrived and he dragged us to the office "Hi John" Mitch said "Hi sir and they are Corey and Abby" John said. Me and Corey sat outside "Let's go do something" I said "But we have to stay here until John is done" Corey said. "When are you ever gonna get into a little trouble like jump fences" I said "I do" Corey said "Then come on" I said. We walked down the road and I walked backwards "Abby should we go home" Corey asked "Fine come on" I said and we walked home. Then John came over "Where the heck did you guys go" John asked "She made me do it" Corey said. "It's true I did" I said "Come on let's just go home guys" John said and we walked home. When we got home John laid on couch while I played on my phone when John fell asleep on the couch. Matt came over and kicked him "Matthew" John yelled and he chased him into the kitchen and they started wrestling. "Boys" Patrick said and John held Matt's face by his armpit "John let me go" Matt said "Smell it since you decided to wake me up" John said. "Let him go" Patrick said "He woke me up" John said "John now" Patrick said and John let him go "Fine" John said. We ate dinner "John did you get the job" Andrew asked "I start on Monday after school" John said. "Cool so we can get free candy from the store" Tom said "No because I am a mechanic not a cashier" John said. "Can we put the Christmas tree and stockings up tomorrow" Tom asked "Please Patrick" I asked and we looked at him. "Sure and there is a Christmas fair on Sunday that we can go to with Luke, Dylan and Ryder" Patrick said. "When can you make the butternut squash risotto again" Andrew asked "Maybe Sunday night" Patrick said. We finished eating dinner and Matt went in the backyard and I followed him "Hey" I said. "What are you doing out here" Matt said and he spit something into a mug "Is that chewing tobacco" I asked. "Go away" Matt said "Patrick" I yelled and Patrick came out "What is it" Patrick asked and Matt backed away. "Go away" Matt said and Patrick crossed his arms "Matthew what is behind your back" Patrick said. "Nothing" Matt said "Matthew Hudson Buckley" Patrick said "Chewing tobacco" Matt said. "I could arrest you right now due to your age because that is illegal for minors" Patrick said "I'm sorry just ground me" Matt said. "You are grounded for two weeks" Patrick said and Patrick took the tobacco from him and we went inside. It started to thunder and Corey hugged Patrick "I'm scared" Corey said "Corey I know but you have to get ready for bed" Patrick said. "No" Corey said "Get your pillow and you can stay with me tonight" Patrick said and they went upstairs. I went to my room and I laid down when Patrick came in "He want's you also" Patrick said and we went to his room. We laid down on Patrick's bed "Bro it's okay" I said "Corey calm down it's alright" Patrick said. "Where is my twin brother who is always there for me" I said "I'm older" Corey said and we chuckled "I know" I said. He put his head on my shoulder and I rubbed his back "Let's get some sleep" Patrick said "Abby stay" Corey said. "It's the only way he will sleep" Patrick whispered and we laid down "Corey it's just a little storm" I said. "You always wake up during them then never go back to sleep" Corey said "Abby is that true" Patrick asked. "Ya" I said "Why don't you wake me up" Patrick asked "You always have work then you have to get up earlier then you need to" I said. "Tell me next time you wake up in the middle of the night" Patrick said "Okay" I said and a couple of minutes later we fell asleep.