𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦〔 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘢 𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘳 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

It starts to get dark and Rafe still isn't back from collecting some clothes from his house so I pull on my shoes and head over to the Cameron household. I arrive on the grounds and knock on the door, hoping to God that Ward isn't the one to answer the door. To my luck, the door opens to reveal Wheezie Cameron and I smile at the young girl.

"Adelaide, right?" Wheezie says before I can open my mouth.

"Yeah, that's right" I nod with an amused smile.

"It's nice to properly meet you when you're not, you know, sneaking out of my house in the middle of the night" The girl declares and I raise a brow in surprise.

"Shit, I thought I was pretty sly" I joke and she smiles widely.

"You're just not as sly as me" She explains.

"Well, maybe you could teach me sometime" I suggest and she shrugs.

"Maybe. But is there a reason you're here?" She asks curiously.

"Is Rafe home?" I reply.

"He's out at the Druthers, but he's in a really bad mood" She tells me.

"Thanks, Lou" I chirp and she perks up at the nickname, making me smile.

"No problem, Addy" She grins.

I make my way to the dock and as I walk down the wooden panels, I see a dark figure on the Cameron's family boat.

"Rafe?" I call out as I approach him and the boy jumps, spinning around to face me.

"What are you doing here?" He demands.

"You were only supposed to be an hour or two. I thought you were dead or something" I answer jokingly but he doesn't laugh, making me frown "Is something wrong?"

"I'm fine" He lies.

I realise how skittish he's acting, his hands in his pockets to try hiding the way they can't stay still and his eyes darting from me to something behind him.

My eyes move behind him and I notice a suspicious looking tarp laying over something on the floor of the boat.

"What's that?" I question.

"It's nothing, Adelaide" He snaps and I raise my brows in surprise at the hostile tone.

"You haven't called me that in a while. What's going on?" I snap.

When he doesn't answer me, I storm past him and he tries to grab me but I slip out of his grip. I lift up the tarp, revealing the pale body of Aaron Huntsman with a bullet hole between his eyes. My breath catches in my throat and I stumble backwards in shock.

"What the hell have you done?" I choke out, looking at Rafe who stands in front of me.

"He hurt you" The boy says tucking my hair behind my ear "So I killed him"

Shivers run down my spine at his words and I clench my fists to stop my hands from shaking.

"Now he can't hurt anyone ever again" Rafe adds before recovering the body with the tarp.

I stand there in speechless silence as Rafe starts up the engine of the boat and starts driving away from the land. My body slides down onto the floor, opposite the dead body of the man who raped me and I stare at my feet in complete disbelief.

Rafe has killed someone because they hurt me.

As I try to make sense of the thought that repeats in my head, I don't even realise that we've stopped.

I hear the sound of something hitting the water and my head snaps up, watching quietly as the body sinks into the ocean. Hopefully, never to be seen again.

"What are you thinking about?" Rafe asks curiously, sitting down next to me.

"Why did you do it?" I question, needing to know.

"I was angry" Is all he says.

"Rafe, you killed someone" I stress.

"For you" He adds, looking at me in a way that I've never seen anyone look at me before.

"I don't understand. Do I owe you now?" I ask in confusion and he chuckles.

"You don't owe me anything" He assures me, gently taking my hand and playing with my fingers.

"I really don't know what to say to you right now" I admit.

"So don't say anything" He replies.

I look up at him in confusion, noticing the vulnerable look on his face and he intertwines our fingers.

"Kiss me?" He asks, almost desperately.

I pull my hands away from his and his face falls, tears shining in his icy blue eyes. He tries to grab me again but I stand up and walk over to the side of the boat, looking into the water where he dropped the body.

"What do you want me to do? I'll do anything" Rafe speaks up from behind me and I turn to face him.

"You shot someone, Rafe!" I scream in disbelief, the situation really setting in.

"He was a monster" Rafe argues.

"And now you're a murderer" I declare.

He pauses, as if the thought only now just occurred to him and I run my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"B-But he deserved it" The boy stutters out, trying to excuse the killing.

"But his family doesn't" I shout at him "Grayson doesn't deserve to spend the rest of his life wondering why his dad left him behind. Janelle doesn't deserve to question whether he ran away because she wasn't enough. It's not fair on them"

"Fuck them!" Rafe retorts in anger and my eyes widen "What isn't fucking fair is the fact you were repeatedly raped by a scumbag like Aaron Huntsman and he got away with it for so long. I should've killed him years ago"

"How are you so okay with what you've done?" I wonder aloud.

"Because I did it for you!" He presses, grabbing my arms and pushing me up against the door to the cabin.

I look up at Rafe with a blank expression and a tear runs down his cheek as as presses his forehead to mine, gently rubbing my arms with his thumbs.

"Please don't hate me" He pleads.

"I couldn't even if I wanted to" I sigh.

"You couldn't hate me?" He questions and I shake my head.

"I'm in too deep" I admit, pressing my lips to his.