𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘹〔 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘢 𝘫𝘶𝘯𝘬𝘪𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘦 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

Walking aimlessly through the rain that batters down on me, I find myself stood in front of a white door and I knock, shivering as I wrap my arms around my soaked form. The door swings opens to reveal an extremely concerned looking Rafe Cameron and I look up at him through my tears.

"I had nowhere else to go" I admit.

The boy gently pulls me inside and I am ushered past Wheezie who smiles at me widely, no doubt to try and cheer me up which I appreciate. Enveloped in a comfortable silence, Rafe gives me a pair of grey joggers and an orange sweatshirt to change into and I head into the bathroom.

I peel off my wet clothes and dry myself off with a towel before pulling on Rafe's clothes, putting the towel and my clothes into the laundry basket. I turn to the mirror and my heart drops in horror at the state I'm in. Dark streaks of mascara stain my cheeks, my eyes are bloodshot, my lips are bitten raw, my face is unusually pale, the bags under my eyes are near enough black and my damp hair is a tangled mess.

A pathetic sob escapes my lips and I cover my face with my hands in shame, not wanting to look at myself anymore.

I haven't taken so much as a pill since my overdose and I can already feel the insatiable itch growing under my skin. My bones ache in the most unpleasant way possible and the throbbing pain in my skull makes me feel nauseous. The walls feel like they're closing in on me and I start to hyperventilate, my breathing shaky. I barely even process my surroundings as I slide down the cabinet doors, my knees hitting the tiled flooring with tears streaming down my face and pained cries slipping past my lips.

"Addy, look at me" I hear Rafe's muffled voice and I lift my head to see him crouched down in front of me "That's it. Attagirl"

He takes my face in his hands and I grab onto his wrists, desperately trying to heave in breaths.

"I-I can't breathe" I choke out "Everything hurts, Rafe"

"You're having a panic attack" He tells me.

"No, something's really wrong. I think I'm dying" I gasp, releasing one of his wrist to grab my head in pain.

"I'm going to try and help you but I need you to listen to me, sweetheart" Rafe says softly.

I nod my head quickly and frantically, wanting nothing more than for this feeling to just go away.

"Breathe in and count with me in your head" He starts.

I take in a deep breath and look at him through my wet lashes, his thumb stroking my cheek gently. He counts to five and tells me to breathe out, counting to five once again. My eyes flutter closed and we repeat the action until my throat no longer feels closed up and I can breathe freely again. I open my eyes and Rafe smiles at me warmly, leaning in to press a kiss to my forehead.

"You're okay" He assures me "I'm right here"

I crawl into his arms and he lifts me up off of the floor, sitting me down on the counter top. I shakily play with my fingers as the boy towering over me grabs a wet cloth and begins washing my face for me. I watch him in silence, scratching at my wrist as he cleans me up with carefully soft wipes to my face.