𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵〔 𝘪 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

We soon put a good distance between ourselves and the scene that was just caused.

"What the hell was that?" Rafe questions the older man.

"Where are we going? Find where we are!" Ward counters hurriedly.

"All right" Rafe nods taking out his phone's map "Hey, this road goes down the same place. We're good"

"All right, stay through, stay through here" He adds.

"See anybody in the mirror?" Ward asks, speeding at what I'm sure must be an illegal speed.

"No, we're good" Rafe assures him.

"Are we going the right way?" Ward questions.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah" Rafe answers "Stay on this road. It's gonna take us directly to the airport"

We turn another corner through miles and miles of grassy land and I notice two workers up ahead, one of them holding a red stop sign and the other waving a red flag.

"Are you kidding me?" Ward huffs.

"Rafe, I have a bad feeling" I mumble worriedly, clutching onto him.

"I got you. Relax" The dirty blonde assures me, pecking my temple.

"What do we do? Nowhere to turn" Ward groans.

"Dunno" Rafe responds.

"Get the gun" Ward orders and my heart drops "Get the gun, Rafe. Just hide it"

Rafe reaches forward but I beat him to it, lunging forward and opening the compartment, pulling out the weapon. Both males glance at me in confusion as I lift my dress to reveal a pair of tight spandex shorts that I tuck the gun into the side of, shooting Rafe a warning look.

"Be careful with that" Ward tells me.

"Aye aye, cap" I retort sarcastically.

The slow to a stop and Rafe's grip on me tightens, a worried look on his face.

"What's going on?!" Ward shouts out the window.

"Sorry!" The man apologises.

"Road's closed! Nobody coming through!" The female explains.

"Well, can you let just one truck through?" Ward chuckles hopefully as they approach us "We just- We kinda gotta get through today. We got a delivery that-"

"I don't think so" The girl cuts him off "Sinkhole. Massive"

"I'm begging you guys" Ward pleads.

"Let me see your hands" The man's voice demands and I turn my head to see him holding a gun at Ward's head.

"Don't do anything stupid" The girl warns us, something sharp being held at my throat which makes me freeze.

"Get out. Easy" The man says.

I shakily open the door and climb out of the car, looking to Rafe in worry.