𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦〔 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘦 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I'm awoken to the fresh morning breeze and the sound of talking near me.

"He's pinched for sure, man" JJ states.

"No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him" Pope explains.

"Let's hope" JJ sighs unenthusiastically.

"Morning, love birds" I mumble, pulling myself up off the table I slept on.

"Morning, Addy" The boys reply in unison.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us too" Kiara speaks up.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B" Pope declares.

"So, find him before they do?" JJ suggests as Pope grabs the keys to JJ's motorcycle.

"Pope?" JJ asks curiously as the boy heads to the door.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat" Pope answers.

"Hey, you be careful. Okay?" Kiara tells him and he nods at her with a small smile.

"Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late" Pope warns us.

"Aye aye, captain" I salute him.

He shakes his head with a grin as he leaves the restaurant and we follow him out, standing at the stairs as we drives off. The sound of a helicopter's whirring blades causes the three of us to look up, watching the aircraft fly over the top of us.

"Who the hell is that?" JJ asks.

"It's a big problem for us" I answer in worry.

☼ ☼ ☼

"So, how are things with you and Pope?" I ask JJ as we pack boxes of food for John B and Sarah to take with them.

"They are sickening" Kiara scoffs.

"Is that gonna be enough food for them?" I ask curiously.

"I mean, for a couple of weeks, and that's all they need, so..." JJ shrugs before looking at Kiara "We are not sickening"

"The heart eyes and hand holding is gonna make me puke" Kiara retorts.

"You're just salty because you're sad and single" JJ says matter of factly, sticking his tongue out at her.

"I don't know how you came across this information, but it's incorrect. Kie and I have been lovers for years now" I declare as we carry the boxes out to the car.

"Exactly" Kiara agrees and JJ rolls his eyes.

"Where have you been?!" I hear Kiara's mother snap and I place the box in the car as JJ does the same.

"Uh- I'm fine. I slept here" Kiara tells her.

"Well, we were up half the night, scared to death, lookin' for you. Were you even gonna tell us?!" Anna shrieks.