𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦〔 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘭𝘺 𝘯𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘤𝘰𝘬𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘦 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

As the Pogues and I are fussing over Pope his eyes widen like saucers and he yells, diving out of the way and pulling JJ with him. The others scatter with screams, Sarah yanking me back just as the cross drops in front of me and breaks right through the wooden floorboards due to its heavy weight.

"Pope, are you okay?" Kiara breathes out once we all catch our breaths.

"Hey, you good?" JJ adds worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just give me, like, one second to, like, catch my breath" Pope assures us.

"You did it, Pope" John B declares.

"Pope, she's... she's beautiful" JJ adds, placing a hand onto the gold cross with an awed expression on his face.

"I've never seen anything like it" Sarah mutters in disbelief.

"Detail's insane" JJ agrees.

"Well, here's why Limbrey wanted that key so bad" John B points out a keyhole on the cross.

"Whoa. Good find. How much do you think she's worth?" JJ questions "Like, if we melted her old bones down, dude, I'm talking like high billions"

"This belongs in a- No! This belongs in a museum" John B argues.

"What? So no one sees her?" JJ pouts.

"In a museum where everyone sees it" John B corrects the blonde.

"Are you kidding?" JJ scoffs in disbelief.

"Hey, knuckleheads! The cross belongs to Pope" I snap, causing them to look at me "He gets to decide what happens to it"

"Thank you, Addy" Pope mumbles and I salute him with a wink.

"Friendly neighbourhood coke whore at your service, sir" I joke and John B elbows me with a disapproving shake of his head.

"This is bigger than money, and the world's gotta know the truth" Pope declares, taking the eyes off of me and onto him.

"Yes. If we don't get this shit outta here before Limbrey gets here, nobody's gonna know. So saddle up" John B announces.

We all move towards the cross and from my peripheral vision I notice Pope gently shaking his hand with a wince.

"You good, Popesicle?" I question in concern.

"I will be" He nods.

"It's heavy like right here" JJ warns Kiara and Sarah before looking behind him "Wait. Hold on. John B, you're gonna pull, all right? Pull down"

"I'm gonna pull down. You guys pull up. Ready? One, two, three" John B counts us in.

John B pushes down on the end of the cross while JJ and Pope pull at it with Kiara, Sarah and I all heaving it out of the hole in the floor.

"JJ, watch your foot" John B warns my brother.

"Oh my God!" Sarah groans.