𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯〔 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘢𝘧𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘥 𝘵𝘰 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"I mean, it's obvious, right?" John B asks.

"A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message. He had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?" He adds.

"Yeah. It's possible" Kiara nods.

"It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels" Pope states.

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels?" JJ quips "Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's how I do it"

"I usually get black out drunk and hook up with someone" I mumble and Pope shakes his head at me.

"I'm not concocting, okay?! My dad's trying to give me a message" John B snaps.

"If it helps you believe, John B" Kiara says softly.

"Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay?! I'm not trippin out" John B argues.

"It's okay to trip, bro, but-" JJ is cut off.

"Look, my- my dad is missing, okay? Missing. You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish and then have no idea what happened. Just wake up every morning wondering" John B says, his voice cracking.

"It's been almost a year" Kiara frowns.

"Hey, he could of been kidnapped. That's definitely a possibility" JJ suggests and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah, could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere" Pope adds.

"Absolutely. Uh...or Atlantis" JJ continues.

"JJ" Kiara scolds him.

"Booker, do you wholeheartedly think this is your dad trying to reach out to you?" I question.

"I do" He nods.

"Then I believe you" I reply with a shrug and he smiles softly.

"Look, what do you think the message is?" Kiara asks him.

"Redfield Lighthouse. That's my dad's favourite place" John B says as we approach the lighthouse.

I hum in response and hop out the side door after JJ and Pope.

"Right here's what's gonna happen. You two are gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?" John B tells JJ and I.

"Wait...why us?" JJ asks.

"Because you're not coming" Pope replies.

"That's gotta be discrimination or something" I retort in offence, glancing at my brother who nods "A hate crime against Maybanks"

"There are independent and dependent variables. You're independent. We don't know what you'll do" Pope explains.

"Shut up!" JJ snaps getting defensive.