𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦〔 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘦 𝘢 𝘧𝘪𝘴𝘵 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I stand in a fancy boutique with Wheezie who has a couple shopping bags already in her hand and a happy smile on her face as she browses the racks. I feel a little out of place in my dirty chucks and second hand clothes, but I put up with the dirty looks from boozy trophy wives that pass me for the younger girl who chats enthusiastically to me as if I'm her best friend.

"What do you think about this, Sarah?" I hear Wheezie ask, holding up a blue sundress to her body.

I don't mention the slip up in names out of sympathy but the brunette realises her mistake on her own and her smile falls, as she lowers her arms with a guilty frown.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to" She apologises.

"It happens to the best of us. Don't worry about it" I shrug with a reassuring smile "I like the dress. It really suits you"

"You think?" She smiles softly, looking down at the dress.

"For sure" I nod.

"Thank you for this, Addy" Wheezie says sincerely as we walk further through the shop "I guess I just really miss Sarah, and with you here it feels as though I still have a big sister"

"Listen, Lou" I stop, looking down at the shorter girl and placing a hand on her shoulder "I know that no one will ever replace Sarah, she is and will always be your big sister...but if you ever need someone to talk to or even just shop with, I've been told that I'm a pretty good sisterly figure"

Wheezie smiles up at me widely and I ruffle her hair, throwing my arm around her as we head to the till. The girl pays for the things in her basket with the simple swipe of her father's shiny bank card and I push down the instinctive urge to scoff, mad at myself for feeling jealous of a thirteen year old.

We exit the shop and the brunette grabs my hand, eyes scanning the window displays as we pass by. I glance down at her with a smile, quite enjoying the feeling of being needed once again since JJ is now older and doesn't cling to me for support like he once did.

I spot a familiar duo of Kooks and my anger rises when I see Kelce laughing loudly, a smiling Topper by his side. I stop dead in my place and turn to Wheezie, looking down at her with a stern look.

"I'm about to do something that I know your parents would not be happy with you seeing so I'm telling you to stay right here and not get involved, okay?" I explain to her vaguely.

"Okay" She nods in response, confusion clear on her face.

"Attagirl" I smile, patting her cheek.

I turn around with a wide smirk and cross the street, making a beeline for the boys.

"Hey, Kelce!" I holler as I approach them.

The pair turn around and I slam my fist into Kelce's face, causing the boy to stumble backwards in shock.

"What the fuck, Maybank?!" Topper shouts.

"Stay the fuck out of this, Thornton" I warn the boy before aggressively bringing my knee up and kneeing Kelce in the balls.

Kelce falls to his knees, grunting in pain with blood running from his nose and Topper backs up with a fearful expression on his face. I grab Kelce's cheeks in my hand and squeeze his jaw tightly until he whimpers in pain.