𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳〔 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

"How'd it go?" Kiara asks as JJ and I climb into the car.

JJ holds up the keys to her with a forced smile and I manage to pull myself together rubbing at my red rimmed eyes.

don't do that, you'll hurt your eye

I hear Rafe's voice in the back of my mind and I pull my hands away from my eyes with a frown. The growing need to feel the Cameron boy's arms wrapping around me causes me to pull my knees to my chest, hugging my legs with an empty feeling in my chest.

I look up at Kiara who worriedly taps her fingers on the wheel and I sigh.

"It'll be fine. It'll be fine with the Phantom" JJ assures her and she nods "She'll get out of here quick"

Sirens blare loudly ahead and we all become more alert.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa" JJ snaps, him and I dropping down while Kiara acts natural.

"They're still looking. It's a good sign" Kiara states once the cars are gone.

"Let's just hope that luck is on our side" I mumble out.

We soon reach the dock and immediately hop out the car. JJ unlocks the padlock and pulls the large metal door open to reveal the old racing boat.

"There she be" JJ declares "Hey, girl"

"A 1983 Formula 402 SR1" JJ tells us, pulling a sheet off the front of the boat "The Phantom"

"Mmhm" Kiara hums as we both nod.

"The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under 16 hours, Kie. Forty years old! Forty. And still the fastest thing that Kildare's ever seen" JJ rants passionately about the boat and I roll my eyes with a smile.

"It's kind of a junker" Kiara shrugs.

"Really? She's right there, Kie. She can hear you" JJ mutters, pointing at the boat.

"Don't talk shit about her in front of her" I warn the dark haired girl who grins in amusement.

"Let's just put it this way. You would not be smokin' weed right now if she never existed, okay?" JJ states matter of factly.

"I just hope it still fucking runs" I say with a shrug.

"Oh, no, she'll run all right. She's faster than any cutters the boys in blue got" JJ assures me.

I hear a motorcycle engine park outside and I turn to greet the Heyward boy.

"Pope! Finally!" Kiara groans.

We walk towards the door expecting to find Pope but instead we're met with Rafe Cameron.

"Hey, there. What's goin' on?" Rafe smirks at Kiara and I before looking behind us "JJ!"

"How you guys doin'?" He adds, jumping onto the side of the Phantom.

"Rafe" I breathe out and he shakes his head at me.