𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦〔 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘬 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘴𝘪𝘴 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I wake up in the middle of the night due to the rain hammering at the window and roll over to see if Rafe has maybe woken up too but I furrow my brows in confusion when I find an empty bed. With worry settling in my stomach, I climb out of bed and start searching for the Cameron boy.

It takes me a matter of five minutes to find Rafe outside the front door with Ward and the truck, a body laid lifeless in the bed of the vehicle. The taste of acid sickness climbs up my throat as I hide behind the corner, slyly listening to the conversation going on between the father and son.

"Whose body is it?" Rafe demands, his back to me.

"It doesn't matter" Ward snaps.

"What are you talking about?" Rafe stresses "Whose body is it, Dad?"

"Be quiet!" Ward hisses.

"You need to tell me whose body that is! Whose is it? Huh?" Rafe retorts.

"Stop it! Stop it! Stop talking!" Ward warns his son, clamping his hand over his mouth and grabbing his head "It's Gavin"

"Gavin" Rafe repeats in disbelief once Ward removes his hand from the boy's mouth.

"Gavin" Warn confirms.

"Wait, the pilot?" Rafe questions and Ward nods.

Rafe removes his father's hands from him and takes a couple steps towards the dead body.

"I don't un- I don't understand. What'd he do?" Rafe asks the man "What'd he do? What'd he do?"

"He was trying to blackmail us, son" Ward answers.

"What? Blackmail? What are you talking about?" Rafe replies, confusion clear in his tone and on his face.

"The day at the...on the tarmac when you shot Peterkin, I needed to trust him because I needed him to fly the plane to the Bahamas. Okay?" Ward explains.

"Right" Rafe nods.

"I gave him the gun, the gun that you used, and I told him to throw it out the window over the ocean on his way to the Bahamas" Ward reveals "But he didn't. He kept it"

My eyes widen at the information and my heart slams against my chest in worry at the thought of someone getting their hands on that gun. I then remember that gun is the exact thing that the Pogues need to clear John B's name and I frown deeply. It's John B or Rafe. The Pogues or Rafe. And I can't find it in myself to choose.

"Wait, wait, wait. What- What do you mean, he kept it?" Rafe snaps.

"He kept the gun that you killed Peterkin with so he could blackmail us for more money" Ward admits.

"Why would he do that?" Rafe questions, still in complete disbelief about the situation.

"He was gonna turn you in, Rafe" Warn tells him "He said you were a psychopath and that he wasn't going to jail for you. Now, will you please help me carry him to the boat?"

Rafe takes a deep breath and the silence that follows almost leads me to believe that they've spotted me, but I exhale in relief when I realise that I'm still hidden.