𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘺 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵〔 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘴 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

Shortly after Ward exits the room, Rafe heads out too and I immediately jump to my feet, following after him. Although I find myself pausing at the door and looking back at Sarah. She gives me an encouraging half smile and nods, letting me know she's okay.

"Adelaide, I think you should just-" I don't let Rose finish her sentence, exiting the room.

I follow Rafe into another room and slam the door behind me, causing him to whip around in surprise.

"Who the fuck do you think you are, huh?" I spit at him venomously.

"It was for the best, sweetheart. You need me just as much as I need you" Rafe tries to explain.

"I don't need you. I don't need anyone!" I argue in disbelief.

"Yes, you do!" He argues back.

"Regardless, you drugged and kidnapped me" I state, looking at him and desperately trying to find reasoning for his insanity.

"Because you were miserable, Adelaide!" He yells at me, storming towards me "What was the life plan, huh? Chase after your brother like an unwanted stray and drink yourself to death? That's no life to live"

"But it's my life!" I retort in rage "It's my fucking life, Rafe!"

"I'm doing this for you. I'm doing it because I love you, okay?" The Cameron boy sighs.

"I hate that I believe you and it kills me that I can't even blame you for this shit" I breathe out in defeat.

"Everything is going to be okay. It's going to be better now" Rafe tries his best to assure me.

"You're insane" Is all I manage to express.

"Don't say that, Addy. I'm not crazy" He denies, shaking his head and stepping away from me as if I've burned him.

"Then stop acting crazy" I counter.

"I need you to understand, okay? Please just listen" He stresses to me desperately.

"I understand, Rafe. I understand that your dad has fucked you up and refuses to get you the help you need. I understand that you love me and you're acting out because no one taught you how to love properly. I understand that you'll do whatever your dad tells you to do because you crave his validation. I fucking understand you, Rafe" I ramble out, tears welling up in the boy's eyes.

"I love you" He chokes out.

"I know you do, but you crossed the line and I need you to understand that" I tell him.

"Let me make it up to you. I'll do anything" Rafe pleads, rushing forward and pulling me into his arms "I'll fix this. I promise you that I'll do whatever it takes"

"You drugged me, you kidnapped me. I can't trust you anymore" I admit, pulling away from him and tears roll down his cheeks, causing my heart to shatter.

"How can I fix this?" He questions.

"I don't know if you can fix this" I answer honestly.