𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳〔 𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘹 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

After Kiara and I fighting over who gets to shower first and me winning, I stand under that warm water for a lot longer than I expected to. Using the expensive products left for us and hopping out to let Kiara in, I then dry off.

I let my towel dried hair air dry into it's natural blonde waves and I slip into my size of the satin forest green dress, looking at myself in the mirror.

The green dress isn't quite as long as the red floor length gown, the material settling around my thighs with a dangerous slit up one of them. The dress has thin gold straps that compliment my golden locks and it plunges down on my chest, showing off a lot of cleavage. It is a lot more daring than the red, a lot more me.

While listening to the water run in the bathroom and staring at my own reflection I notice something that makes me take a step back from the mirror.

I think I've spent more time smiling here in this dress while being held captive than the whole month I spent on that island with people that I call my family. It's now that I realise what being with Rafe really meant for me, for what I wanted in life.

I want to be free and I can't stand rich people, but I don't want to be broke for the rest of my life. I don't want to keep running until I die, running from eviction notices, running from piling up bills, running from working three jobs, running around after my little brother playing treasure hunters while the real world chases after us relentlessly.

All I want is to wear pretty dresses and drink cocktails with my friends before going home to the man I love who will always be waiting for me because he's fucking crazy about me.

I want Rafe.

The bathroom door opens and I wipe away the tears that had tracked down my face, laying down on the bed with a deep sigh.

"You okay, Ads?" Kiara asks me in concern as she shuffles into her red dress.

"I'm fine, Kie" I try to assure her, but she doesn't seem convinced.

The younger girl sits down next to me and places her hand on my arm, looking down at me with a warm smile.

"It's okay if you're not okay, yknow? You don't always have to be the one that's okay just because you're older" Kiara lets me know and I smile softly, taking a hold of her hand.

"And that is why you're my favourite this week" I reply and she smiles.

"Yeah?" She asks happily.

"Of course" I nod in confirmation.

A firm knock at the door causes us both to jump to our feet and Kiara grabs my hand anxiously. The maid enters the room and takes a look at us both, nodding in content that we've changed.

"He's ready" She informs us.

She exits the room and we rush to follow her through the halls and down the stairs. She leads us to a room and Kiara enters first as I give the maid a sarcastic grin before she leaves us alone.

"Uh, excuse me? No, I knew you and Ward were behind this shit" Kiara snaps and I spin around in confusion.

"What are you talking about? You trying to weasel in on my deal? Is that what's going on?" Rafe fucking Cameron retorts.