𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳〔 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦 〕

𝘈𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘪𝘥𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝

I enter Barry's house and he looks up from where he's stood against the counter, cleaning his shotgun.

"The fuck do you want?" He snaps.

"I need some pills" I answer simply, ignoring the way my whole body screams in pain.

"Y'all really think you can help your brother rob me and just stroll in here thinking i'll help you, lil girl?" He spits and I laugh.

"You tried to rob us first. You should know by now that us Maybanks have bad tempers, Bazza" I argue with an amused grin.

"I should shoot you for your bad attitude" Barry declares.

"Then shoot me. Wouldn't make a difference to me" I scoff, flopping onto the sofa and wincing at the pressure on my bruised ribs.

"Your daddy do that to you?" The man asks, leaning against his counter with a judging stare.

"Yup" I chirp, kicking my feet up on the table before joking "He's weaker than he used to be"

"You're crazy" He mutters before grabbing an orange bottle of oxycodone, throwing it at me.

"It's in my genes" I smirk, dropping a wad of cash on his table.

"Is that mine?" He asks with a raised brow as I uncap the bottle, swallowing a few pills.

"What I could pocket" I shrug and he chuckles "You're welcome, asshole"

"I knew I kept you around for a reason, Pogue princess" He grins almost proudly and I weirdly feel a sense of happiness at his proud expression.

"I could swear you kept me around for my witty comments and pretty face" I joke, pocketing the orange bottle.

"You're pretty face is a little jacked up at the moment" He tells me "You want some help?"

"Are you gonna clean me up, Baz?" I tease him and he rolls his eyes.

"Sure, if it'll stop you bleeding on my sofa" He shrugs, grabbing a cloth and running it under the tap.

"Aw, you care about me" I coo as he walks towards me.

"Don't gloat. It's not cute" He declares, kicking my feet off his table.

I sit up as he sits down on the table in front of me and grabs my chin, turning my head slightly. He wipes at the blood on my bruised cheek before gently cleaning the cut itself on my forehead and I sigh in relief as the oxy kicks in, my pain fading away. Barry sits back and I turn my head back to him, smiling warmly to which he shakes his head at me with a small smile.

"Lemme see the ribs" He orders.

I pull my top up to under my bra, revealing the nasty bruises on my side and I grimace in disgust.

"Fuck, are they broken?" Barry asks, pressing his hand against the darkest part of the bruising.

"I can't really feel it anymore, but I don't think it's bruised" I answer truthfully.