Chapter 2

"So, you are basically screwed." said Logan one of Alison's best friends. She was currently sitting in the cafeteria with her three best friends, Logan, Ashley, and Edward.

Alison grunted in response. She had put her head on the table and her arms were idly hanging on both sides of her.

"But, you are only being dramatic." said Logan while stuffing his face with food. He had an odd passion for food. A sarcastic, energetic boy who was smiling almost all the time. He was 6 feet tall and had a well-built body after playing basketball for so many years. His tan skin with his dark brown hair had given him even more good looks, making girls drooling over him all the time.

Alison's head shoot up and she glared at him which obviously didn't bother him a bit. "Dramatic???" she scoffed. "Were you even listening to anything I said?" she almost yelled frustrated and threw her arms in the air, earning a few stares from other students around them.

"Shhhhh," said Ashley while rubbing Alison's back, trying to comfort her friend. "Okay, you better shut it, L. Can't you see she doesn't feel good?" she said sternly. Ashley was definitely the peacekeeper between the four of them. Her shoulder-length blond hair was matched with her green eyes and pale skin perfectly, giving her an angelic face, but she could become a devil if she wanted.

"What?" said Logan. "Her new dad is rich and has saved them from their debts. She can have anything she wants." he said defensively and that earned a smack to the back of his head from Edward.

"You know what kind of a girl she is and you say this shit about her." said Edward. His deep voice was quiet and mysterious. Out of all of them, he was the most quiet one, not talking unless he was forced and only his three friends knew the reason behind it. His dark curly hair that was messy all the time, along with his sharp dark blue eyes and 5-hour shadow on his face had all the girls falling at his feet. With 6'1 feet height and muscular body which had been made with so many hours in the gym, he was counted as one of the most buff boys of the school, but again only his circle of friends knew what a teddy bear he could be.

"but this deepshit is not so wrong, Alie." said Ashley. "It's not like you are leaving the country. You are just moving to the other side of the city."

"But that's not the problem, Ash." whined Alison. "I should leave everything I love behind. I will be away from you guys so much."

"No matter how much you are far, Al, You will be always our friend." said Edward with a reassuring smile.

"yup!" said Logan. "We will still hang out on weekends no matter what. You can't get rid of us that easily, cutie pie."

Alison cringed at hearing the nickname that Logan had called her for years to tease her.

"You are not going to lose us, Alie." said Ashley reassuringly. "We are inseparable. We have been together since kindergarten through thick and thin."

Alison looked at her three best friends. They were her strength when she needed it the most. All of them were giving her reassuring smiles which warmed her heart.

"For now just take care of your mother and yourself." said Edward as he leaned back on his chair with his arms crossed. "She deserves happiness, but you should be careful as well. And remember we will there for you no matter what whenever you need us."

Alison smiled as well. Hot tears gathered in her eyes. She was so goddamn lucky to have friends like them. "Thank you, guys." she whispered and her voice cracked. "I love you so much."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

"You are home." Eva squealed and jumped from the sofa, as Alison opened the door and walked into home after school.