Chapter 34

It was Friday night. Mason, Ben, and Rich got home at 10 o'clock. Mason nodded for the guards at the front door and walked in while loosening his tie and taking off his coat. A bad feeling had grown in the pit of his stomach throughout the day. That was why they were home early. He wanted to be beside his family and Bella. The house was silent and it was odd because the teenagers of the household had strict orders from Mason to stay at home although Damien and Xander had come to the warehouse after school to help in some matters. But still, the home was so silent. It was like a breeze before the storm.

Ben walked up the stairs to his room which he had there, mumbling something about taking a shower and sleep. Mason and Rich however walked to the living room when they heard the sound of tv and found the teenagers there. Hunter had sat on a sofa with his legs dangling from the arm seat. Xander had laid down on one of the couches and Damien had sat on another scrolling through his phone while Alison had curled to a ball beside him with her head laying on his leg sleeping.

"Where are the others?" asked Mason having certain someone in his mind. 

Xander sat and so did Hunter and looked up at their older brothers. "Hey, any news?" asked Xander quietly as Rich plumped himself beside him and grabbed one of the snacks bowls in his hand. "Nothing." he grumbled while stuffing his face with chips. "It seems we are searching for a ghost."

"Dad is in his office with Tony, going through the deal with Brazilians." answered Damien in low voice, not wanting to wake Alison up. "Eva is trying to tuck the twins in bed and Bella is in her room."

Mason nodded a bit relieved and walked to his father's office. It was 15 minutes later when the hell broke loose. 

Alison jumped from her sleep startled when the ground shook and an explosion was heard. The boys were on their feet in an instant, pulling out their guns and they all ran to the front door. The guards were running around with their guns in their hands. The shooting could be heard from outside and the second they stepped into the foyer, the windows shattered into pieces and the glass rained into the room, killing a guard who had stood in front of one window. Bullets and glass shards had been pierced his body. Damien quickly pushed everyone back to the living room as bullets poured into the foyer once again. 

The other door of the living room slammed open and the boys turned to it with raised guns but sighed in relief when they saw a frantic Bella running inside. "What the hell is going on?" she asked and screamed throwing herself on the ground when the windows of the living room broke and two armed men jumped in, but before they could raise their guns, they fell on the ground dead with Damien and Xander's shots who both looked dead serious and extremely angry.

"Hunter, stay with Alison and Bella. Take them somewhere safe." ordered Xander as he ran to the door with his twin. "We are going to find mom and the twins."

Hunter quickly picked up the two dead attackers' guns and shoved them into Alison and Bella's hands who had hugged each other, shaking with fear, both pale like death. "Shoot anyone who came close to you." he ordered strictly, his face stone cold like his brothers. He then ushered them to the door that Bella had come from. "Come, we should go to the cellar. It's the safest place and has an escape into the woods around."

He opened the door slowly and peeked outside and then walked into the corridor and shot the two men who were running there. He then gestured for Alison and Bella to follow him and ran to the kitchen while watching both sides of the corridor for any enemies. On their way, they saw Marisa with a group of maids behind her. Marisa had a gun too and was shooting a few men who were trying to come inside of the hall. 

Hunter quickly helped Marisa to kill the men. "Marisa!" he yelled and ushered everyone into the kitchen and opened the door of the cellar. "Get in and don't open the doors until you hear the unique knocking," he ordered as all of the maids plus Alison, Bella and Marisa ran in. "If no one came after you in 10 minutes, ran into the woods, and go to the main base."