Chapter 39

Finally, it was the night of the mafia gathering. Everyone was tense. Earlier that week Alison, Bella, Eva, Marisa, and Catherine had gone shopping for dresses. Rich had asked Cate to be his date and because she had become good friends with Bella on the week that Bella was going to the base, she had gone with them shopping. A group of guards had gone with them to the fancy mall they had gone and everyone  had looked at them like they had come from another planet.

Alison stared at her reflection in the mirror. She was in a golden dress with sparkles. It was a long sleeve dress with a short puffy skirt that was going to her knees. She had matched it with golden pumps.

Her hair had been pulled up in a messy bun with a few strands of it framing her face. Her make-up was as light as always and she looked beautiful, but her eyes were full of stress. "Everything is going to be fine." she whispered to herself, grabbed her clutch, and walked out of her room.

Everyone was gathering at the bottom of the stairs. The men of the King family were all in black suits and ties, even James and Jordan who were standing around their parents. Eva looked so elegant in her long sleeve black dress which came to the floor. Her hair had been pulled up into a neat bun and diamond earrings were shining in on her ears.

Xander and Damien looked at Alison and nodded approvingly for her. She rolled her eyes but smiled as her eyes fell on Alex who was also there standing behind everyone. He was all in black, looking handsome as ever, and smiled at her as she walked to him.

He hugged her tight and kissed her temple. "You look stunning." he whispered next to her ear and kissed her forehead.

"You look handsome yourself." whispered Alison as she caressed his cheek. 

Just as Alex leaned down to kiss her lips, the sound of clearing of throats stopped him and they both looked up to see Xander, Damien, and Hunter glaring at them. They both rolled their eyes. 

"Don't be worried." whispered Alex, still keeping his arm around her waist. "We will have plenty of time together tonight when these assholes are not around."

Everyone was now waiting for Bella and Cathrine to come down. They were getting ready together in Bella's room. They didn't wait for long before the sound of the clicking of heels and two soft waves of laughter were heard from upstairs. Mason and Rich both stepped forward as their girls descendant the stairs and their breaths hitched in their throats at the sight of them.

They both looked breathtaking. Catherine was in a sleeveless white maxi dress with a deep V-neck with a thin layer of lace on top of its silk fabric. Her long hair had been straightened and she had pulled them back on a side with a help of a beautiful crescent clip with pearls on it.

Mason's eyes however were glued to Bella in her crimson red dress. She looked ravishing. The silk backless thin-strap drop neck dress was fitted a bit on the top and had a slit on the right side of its floor-length skirt. Her chocolate hair had fallen around her freely in soft waves and her lips were painted red. 

Rich went to Catherine with a big grin on his face and his eyes shining bright. He took her hand and planted a kiss on her knuckles and then her cheek. "You look gorgeous, kate." he whispered and she blushed cutely.

Mason came out of his daze as Bella stood in front of him. His eyes hardened as his senses came back to him and remembered all of the men who were going to be at the gathering and his blood boiled. Even Ben was looking at her with something more than admiration right then. "You are not going to wear this." said Mason firmly.

Bella's smile faltered quickly. "And why is that?" she asked.

"Because I say so." said Mason and grabbed her shoulder and guided her to stairs unaware of everyone else who was shaking their heads and laughing under their breaths. "It shows too much skin. I don't like it."