Chapter 35

Eva had been seated at the back of a truck with no windows. She didn't know where they were. Her shoulders were coming out of their place from how tight they had tied her arms behind her back. Her lip was swollen and torn and her head had a big painful bump from where they had hit her with their guns. Damiens's unconscious form was in front of her eyes, making her feel nauseous from worry. She was praying in her mind for him to be fine. She was worried for her daughters and other sons plus Albert as well.

James and Jordan had silently sat on each side of her with their heads buried in her sides. Their hands were tied up as well. She could see red marks on their small wrists from the tight cable ties. She should do something to escape with the twins before they would reach their destination or only god knows what would happen.

"Please, the ties around their hands are too tight." she pleaded the man who was at the back with them. "It's hurting them. Took them off. They are only kids."

The man smirked sinisterly. "Really?" he mocked. "I have heard a lot about the youngest devils of the King's sons. They are wild like their older siblings. I'm not mad to let them lose."

"Don't talk about my sons like that." snarled Eva angrily and was rewarded with a hard slap. her head jerked to a side and so did her body and she hissed in pain as her hand was scratched by a sharp jag on the wall behind her. She glared at the guard in front of her and the twins growled at him as well.

The man pulled up his gun and pointed it at her. "Watch your fucking tongue." he said angrily. "I won't hesitate to kill you."

Eva leaned back and moved a bit and traced the jag with her finger and began to discreetly rub the tie around her wrists to it, suppressing the urge to hiss in pain with every movement of her hands.

After five minutes of struggling, she felt the tie snapping in half and she closed her eyes in relief. Her heartbeat increased as she came to the next part. Her distance from the man in front of her was not that much and a plan formed in her mind. It was then or never. She count to three in her mind and then with the speed of lightning balanced herself with her hands on her seat and hit the man with the soles of her feet right in the face with full force. His head hit the wall behind him with a loud bang and a nasty crack was heard and he fell to the ground unconscious.

The car stopped suddenly, but Eva didn't waste any time. She quickly grabbed the man's knife and cut the ties around the twins' hands. She then grabbed the man's gun, torch, and GPS that was dangling from his waist and didn't hesitate to shoot the moment the back door opened, showing a shocked armed man. She jumped out of the back with the twins as soon as the man hit the ground, dead.

They were in a parkway with forest on both sides of the three-line road. "Run!" she shouted at the twins and pushed them forward running after them, covering them the best she could with her body. She heard shouting from behind and a gun went off the moment she reached the lines of the trees and she screamed as a piercing pain shot through her entire back and clutched her shoulder.

"Mommy!" yelled the twins and turn to her.

"Run! don't stop running." she yelled as she found her balance, grabbed their hands, and ran inside of the dark forest. It was pitch black inside of the forest but she didn't dare to turn on the torch in fear of getting caught again. Miraculously, they didn't fall on the ground too much and didn't twist their ankles. When she couldn't hear the man behind them, she stopped to catch her breath. She was too dizzy and could feel the warm stream of blood running on her back. The forest was silent except for its usual sounds at night.

She fell on her knees and the weeping twins sat down beside her, clutching her arms. Now that the adrenalin had washed away from her veins, she was losing her consciousness fast.