Chapter 28

Alison was walking nervously behind Mason to Albert's office. He was going to scold her for sure and she didn't like it at all. The constant stress that she had over a week was slowly taking its toll on her. She was tired. Tired to the core.

They reached a leather-wrapped door and Mason opened it and kept it for Alison who walked in hesitantly. Albert had sat behind a big table looking mighty as ever. But he was not the only one there. Other than Rich, Alex, Damien, Xander, and Hunter were there looking at her with a mixture of anger and relief. 

Her eyes locked with Alex's gray ones. His eyes had a magnetic pull that seemed to draw her to him. "Alison!" called Albert and she looked away from Alex only to find her brothers glaring daggers at Alex. "I'm so happy to see you are fine." continued Albert. His tone was firm and authoritative. "What you did today was so dangerous. You left school without telling your brothers or your bodyguard especially in this dangerous time that we are in. You then went to your friend's house where you knew was dangerous as well. You could have gotten hurt, you know that?"

Alison sighed and closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again and staring at Albert confidently. "I'm sorry if I made you worried." she said. "But what would you do if your brother calls you and you understand that he is in danger of death? Ed is my dear brother. I know him much longer than you all. He was there when I needed him and I'm going to be there if he needs me. I was ready to jump into any trouble or danger because of him. I will do what I did again if I see it necessary, not only for Ed but for Ashley and Logan as well. They are my family."

Her brothers cringed when they heard her talk about Ed that fondly. They felt jealous that she knew them more of a family than them.

"Although, I really don't know how to thank you for helping us." she said with a smile. "It means a lot to me. Thank you."

Albert looked at her. Maybe her eyes were fooling her but she could see the pride in his eyes as he looked at her. "Leave me and Alison alone." he ordered and everyone left the room silently. 

Alison stood there and fiddled with the hem of her blouse. Albert stood once Mason closed the door behind him and walked round his table and stood in front of Alison. Alison dropped her head and bit her lip readying herself for hearing his complaints.

"I'm so proud of you." said Albert and Alison's head shot up surprised to see him looking down at her with a soft smile. "Don't tell my sons, but I always wanted a daughter, a princess, but God always gave me boys. Not that I love them any less, but it would have been great If I could have had a little girl to spoil. But my wife died and so my dream until you came into my life." he paused for a second and put both hands on her shoulders. "A strong, kind, and smart daughter like you who isn't afraid to voice her thoughts. The exact daughter that I always imagined to have."

He then bent down and kissed her forehead. "I love you, princess, like my own child." he said. "If anything happens to you ever, I can't forgive myself. That is why I'm so strict toward you. You are so fragile and precious for me and my sons. You are our little princess. I'm sorry If I was so strict on you."

By this time tears had welled up in Alison's eyes as she stared at Albert's sincere eyes. "I know what kind of a hard life you had." spoke Albert again. "Of course your mother has done her best to raise you and your friends were there for you when you needed them, but you never had a fatherly figure to count on and to protect you. But my dear, you now have me. I know you know me as a criminal and you don't like me a bit, but I would be really happy if you count on me in the situations like today. I'm so happy that you decided to call your brothers, but it was only because you needed help with the health of your friend, otherwise, I'm sure you wouldn't. You are independent, like to solve your problems yourself without putting your burden on anyone. But my dear, what if you were arriving there alone? What if your friend's father was much conscious and had hurt you? I want you to call me, as your father, in a situation like this and let me help you, Alison. You are not alone anymore. You have me and of course your brothers. Do you understand?"