Chapter 4

Someone cleared his throat and Alison looked up and her gaze met Albert's and she shivered a bit. "So Alison," he said as he placed down his glass of wine. "We didn't have time to talk properly. Now I think is a good time. Welcome to the family."

"Thank you, sir." she answered shyly. Suddenly her throat felt dry and she had a feeling of an employee in front of her strict boss. One wrong move and you are fired.

"First of all, don't call me sir." said Albert. "You are part of the family and officially my daughter so I want you to call me dad or father like the boys."

Alison gulped and nodded. "I always expect verbal answers, Alison." said Albert authoritatively.

"Yes, ..... dad." she said trying her best not to cringe. The last word felt foreign to say after so many years.

Albert nodded. "That's good." he said and leaned back on his chair. "As you already know, you and your mother will live with us from now on. So I like to discuss a few rules with you which I expect you to follow." 

Alison frowned a bit, not liking the sound of rules at all. 

"I wish you feel yourself part of the family and feel good at your new home." began Albert. "We are a big family and always have each other's back and are respectful to each other. I want you to follow this lead as well."

"Uhh, sure, of course." said Alison with a smile.

"You will join the school with the older twins and Hunter." said Albert. "I'm not very fond of you having a boyfriend, especially with what happened with your last boyfriend."

Alison and Eva both shuddered at the mention of her last boyfriend, Fred.

"But I'm not going to restrict you. If I confirm him, there will be no problem. I know you have some guy friends as well. Your mother has already vouched for them, but let's hope they remain friends and not friends with benefits. You are all teenagers and at a tender age." said Albert.

Alison cringed at the thought. The thought made her feel disgusted. Never ever anything sexual had happened between them. They were like brothers and sisters and Alison knew all four of them felt the same. "That won't happen. I assure you." she promised firmly.

"Good," said Albert and continued. "Also I want you to practice self-defense with Mason, Rich, or Gino regularly during the week. I know that you are going to Kong Fu classes but still, I insist on this plan. Mason and Rich almost leading the company so you may not see them much, especially Mason, so Damien and Xander might train you as well."

"That's fine." shrugged Alison not having a problem with the second rule. She was practicing Kung Fu with her friends since she was 10 and now all four of them were considered professionals.

"And the last but the most important rule. I don't like to sugarcoat things, so I will go straight to the point." said Albert sternly. "We have a big line of work, and we have so many enemies who will try to bring down our company and they will use any trick to do so. You and your mother are the only females of the family and so the most vulnerable targets. So I want you to be extra careful and always let one of your brothers or Gino know if you are going somewhere. Understood?"

"Uhhh, what?" asked Alison confused, already knowing she was not going to follow it. Back at home, she was completely free to go where ever she wanted and her mother was fine because she knew she would be always with Ed, Logan, and Ash.

Albert pulled out a small box from his pocket and handed it to Alison. Alison opened the box's lid. Inside of it was a golden eagle with opened wings, in hunting mood, attached to a delicate golden chain.