Chapter 48

Bella groaned and massaged her forehead as she tried to concentrate on what the lecturer was saying. Two other weeks had passed since the Fred incident. Still, there was no sign of Volkov. But Bella had no time to worry about him anymore. The end of term exams were coming and she was studying constantly. Mason was not happy a bit about this as she forced him to sleep in another room for a few nights so she can study late. Although Mason managed to convince her to forget about that silly habit of her after three dreadful nights. 

Whether because of studying for long hours, sleeping less, or stressing a lot, she was feeling extremely tired and sick starting from last week and today she was more tired than any other day. Her head was pounding a bit and she was feeling a bit nauseous. It was so hard for her to ditch herself from Mason that morning and come to university. She wanted to stick with him all day and lay in his lap.

"Psst, Bella." said Jane, Bella's new friend and elbowed her lightly. "Are you fine?" she asked quietly.

"No." groaned Bella and rubbed her face. "Jane, I'm gonna leave early today." she said as she slowly began to gather her notes. "can I borrow your notes later?"

"Of course." said Jane and smiled warmly. "Take care of yourself and go to a doctor."

"I will. Thanks." said Bella and quickly left the classroom. She began to walk toward the exit while fishing her phone from her bag and began to call Jeremy, her bodyguard to inform him that she was going home early. He was supposed to stay close to the classrooms door.

She stopped before she could hit the call button as a wave of nausea hit her hard. She ran to the nearest bathroom and rushed to one of the stalls and heaved a few times, but thankfully managed to control herself by taking a few deep breaths without throwing up. She sat on the toilet and fisted and unfisted her cold hands trying to gain back her breathing. Her legs felt like jelly and she felt so weak that it was hard for her to even move a limb. 

Finally, when she heard someone entering the bathroom and the sound of water running, she stood on her feet and walked out of the stall, only to freeze in her place, looking forward with wide eyes.

There, right in front of her, had stood Vladimir Volkov in light gray Armani suit, washing his hands. "Hello, Bella." his deep husky voice sends shivers down her spine and she began to tremble visibly as he smirked at her through the mirror. "You look like you've seen a ghost. Not happy to see me, beautiful?" He said as he turned off the tab and dried his hands with a few tissues and turned to Bella fully who was just staring at him, unable to think properly.

He took a step toward her which snapped her out of her daze and caused her to take a step back. "Dooonnn't cccooomee clooseer." she stuttered.

"What do you want to do, love?" smirked Volkov. "Shout for your puny gaurds? They are all dead."

Bella's breathing became uneven at the thought of the dead guards. "Shhhhhh" said Volkov as he took another step forward and gently hugged the trembling woman in his arms. "Don't be scared, Bella. I'm not gonna hurt you, not now." he said as he took out a device and began to move it around Bella's body as he kept her in his arms. 

The device began beeping around her neck and Volkov hummed in satisfaction as he unclasped her necklace. "Now be a good girl and call your boyfriend for me." he said as he put the necklace and the device in his pocket.

Bella shakily pulled out her phone and called Mason. A little warmth ran in her body at hearing her love's deep voice in her ear. "Hi, love. Miss me already to call me between your class time?" said Mason.

"Mason!" Bella choked on a sob.

"Bella!" said Mason, his voice alert now. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"