Chapter 17

Alex stepped out of the limo and buttoned up his suit jacket. His heart beated faster at the thought of Alison being somewhere in that house. He had not seen her for two days and had missed her a lot. He had spent last night and today working on his plan. He felt eyes on him and looked up and his heart stopped at the sight of mesmerizing blue eyes that had captivated his heart. He saw her smiling faintly. At least she was happy to see him. Two little boys, certainly the King's youngest kids, were standing on each side of her, watching him with a frown.  Suddenly one of them pulled the curtains and Alex chuckled to himself. Even the youngest Kings were possessive towards her. But she was going to be his for sure. Only a few days and he would have her all to himself.

"Mr. West." said a deep voice and Alex looked up and saw Ben Williams, Mason's second in command standing there. "Please, follow me." he said firmly as he walked into the house. His eyes lingered on Mark and Alex saw a flash of guilt in his eyes before he turned and walked into the house.

Alex followed his father into the house. It was time to focus. He should do that for Alison. Ben guided them in front of double doors and opened them. Mason King had sat behind his table with his brother Rich standing behind him. Mason stood when they entered. 

"Mr. West. Mr. Mansfield." he greeted Mark and Dean and gestured for them to sit, completely ignoring Alex and Simon. Alex gritted his teeth and sat beside his father.

"Actually, King, my son, Alex is in charge today. I'm here to only support him." said Mark as he sit on the sofa. Ben walked and stood on the other side of Mason who sat down and interwind his hands and looked at Alex.

"So Alex, I have been informed that you are here to offer us something." said Mason. "Tell me, what is so important that had caused the Gray wolf gang's leaders to come to our meeting after a long time?"

"We are here to offer you our help." said Alex firmly and Mason frowned. 

"And in which field exactly you want to help us?" asked Mason. "As much as I remember we don't need any help."

"I want to offer you our help in the war with the Russians." said Alex and watched as Ben and Rich went rigid, but Mason remained emotionless. "We all know that Volkoves have returned and they just proved two nights ago that they are so strong. For years we had balance in New York, but with Russians now in the picture, this balance will be troubled and that is bad for both you and us. The damage will cost a lot for both families. But if we unite, we can decrease the damages and defeat Volkoves much easier."

"And what exactly has caused you to think that we will need your help here?" asked Mason. "We are ruling all over America. We are able to defeat a new raised Mafia ourselves just fine." he added dismissively.

It was time for Alex to reveal his cards. "I heard that one another of your shipments has been attacked this morning." smirked Alex. "and although unsuccessful, they have killed most of your guards and ruined half of your shipment. Yet you have found no useful information about them. It seems your resources have failed you." he smirked.

"And yours not?" asked Rich with raised eyebrows.

Alex nodded. "We have found some leads." he said. "But I'm only going to tell you after signing the contract. And believe me, I'm not that idiot to come here empty-handed. As a gang, we have the perk of having most of the small criminals of the city in our hands and they had slipped a few pieces of information for us."

"Name your terms, Mr. West." asked Mason after a moment of silence.

"We will help in defeating Russians and we also will help you to move and guard your shipments until they are delivered. We will also provide more markets for your items. But we want half of the profit." Alex named his terms professionally, all the while not breaking eye contact with Mason.