Chapter 43

"Hi, love." Alex smiled as he picked up his phone. It was Alison who had called him 36 times before but he was not capable of answering because of trying to hunt Volkov's rats around the city. They had found a list of some of those who were working for him in the base they had attacked. It was half-past four in the afternoon and he was so tired.

"ALEXANDER WILLIAM WEST!" shouted Alison on the other side of the line and Alex had to pull the phone away from his ear to avoid becoming deaf. But he frowned when he heard her voice shake at the end. "Do you know how worried I was? I had begun to think everyone is lying to me about you being fine. I thought something has happened for you." she said with a shaky voice from crying.

"Alison, for God's sake don't cry." said Alex desperately. "I'm sorry, love. I'm so sorry. I should have called you sooner. I'm just not familiar with the fact of having a girlfriend who is worried for me."

"Then you better get used to it, you jerk." snapped Alison still sniffling. "You were slowly giving me a heart attack."

Alex chuckled and shook his head. Suddenly the urge to see her intensified in his heart. "I'm coming to your house, okay?" he said. "I'm coming to pick you up and take you home with me. I need rest and I need you in my arms to be able to rest."

"I don't think I can leave." said Alison. "Dad has given strict orders to not leave the house today."

"Then I will stay with you there." shrugged Alex nonchalantly.

"I have no problem." said Alison. "But if Damien and Xander killed you, it's not on me. They will be home in half an hour."

"Don't be worried about those assholes." said Alex. "I know how to deal with them."

"Okay. I'm waiting for you," said Alison excited. "Just come soon, okay? Enough of hunting for today. You should rest."

"Alright, my lady. I'm coming." he said and they hung up after saying goodbyes.

"Go to King mansion, Simon." sighed Alex and leaned his head back on the passenger seat.

"Boy, you are really whipped." snorted Simon and Alex glared at him. "What?? I'm your friend all your life and I have not seen you smiling for the past eight years. And here you are, smiling constantly while speaking to her on the phone. I have never heard the word sorry from you and here you are, saying sorry back and forth. And now you want to stay at her house where you know the King brothers will slaughter you. You are really whipped."

 "Be less of an ass and maybe I will smile at you." groaned Alex and leaned back again. "Now shut up and take me to King's mansion."

"Whipped." whispered Simon and chuckled to himself. 

Alex rolled his eyes but smiled inwardly remembering Alison's worried voice. It made him satisfied somehow that she was worried for him. If being whipped caused a person to feel that content and happy, then he would gladly accept to be called whipped. It was great to have someone who was waiting for you to go home. He was slowly understanding why men were getting married.

******************************

Eva was walking to the front door with Bella behind her. They could hear Alison's happy squealing and the little twins shouting. Damien and Xander had come back home just then. Hunter who had gone to the base in the early hours of the morning had come back with them. It was around five in the afternoon. 

Eva and Bella entered the foyer and saw Alison giving tight hugs to the boys while James and Jordan were hanging from their legs. Damien and Xander were hugging Alison back happily while Hunter was trying in vain to ditch the little twins from Damien and Xander's legs. The older teenagers looked confident and powerful standing tall and proud, but Eva could easily see how exhausted they were from their eyes.