Chapter 8

"Alison!" called someone and a hand moved in front of her eyes. Alison blinked several times and looked at her left to see Ayda watching her curiously. Ayda chuckled. "I'm sure you didn't hear a word." she said. "You were so drowned in your thoughts."

"I'm sorry." said Alison. "Did you say something?"

"I asked if you like to sit with us at lunch." said Ayda with an eager face.

"Ummm" Alison hesitated and looked at Jess who had not looked at her once and was putting her book in her bag. "If I'm not invading anything, then yes, I would love to."

Ayda followed Alison's eyes and rolled her eyes at Jess. "Ignore her." she said to Alison. "She is like this toward everyone."

"I'm not." snapped Jess while glaring at Ayda. "I just don't trust new people."

"Okay, give me your schedule." chirped Ayda while standing up and walking with Alison and Jess out of the class. "Oh it's great you have most of your classes with me and Jess. I would ..."

Ayda's speaking was cut off by a melodic yet loud voice. "Hello, newcomer."

Jess rolled her eyes and looked away while Alison and Ayda looked forward.

There had stood a beautiful girl with icy blond hair with a bunch of girls standing behind. Unlike the other girls around her, her face wasn't caked with make-up and she had only light make-up. She was a natural beauty with silver eyes, flawless skin, and lips that had been painted red seductively. Her white dress although a bit short and with a low neck was giving her an angelic appearance. Her high heels clicked on the marble floor as she walked in front of Alison with a friendly and sweet smile on her face and offered her hand. "I'm Susan Jones." she said sweetly.

"Glad to meet you." said Alison with a tight-lipped smile and shook her hand. This Susan might look like an angel, but Alison had learned to not trust the outside shell. She could see wickedness shining mischievously in Susan's silver eyes.

"It must have been hard for you to change school at this time of year." she said with fake kindness. "But don't be worried. I accept you in my group with open arms. I even have a good place for you in the cheerleading squad. We can find a handsome boyfriend for you as well." she winked as she offered while batting her eyelashes. 

Alison frowned a bit. Susan even hadn't called the girls behind her, her firends. Now Alison knew. Although looking like an angel, she was this school barbie and the girls behind her were her minions.

Alison took a step back. "Thank you very much." she said politely still keeping her smile. "But I'm not intrested."

Susan's smile dropped instantly and she narrowed her eyes at Alison. "You are denying my offer?" she asked dangerously. "I'm so generously taking you under my protection and this is your answer?"

"I'm capable of taking care of myself just fine. And I'm happy where I am." answered Alison coldly and looked at the girls behind her. "I would like to be considered as a friend, not a minion who should follow order with blind eyes." 

"You will regret this." hissed Susan venomously, showing the demon hiding under the mask of an angel.

"Back off, Jones." growled Jess and stepped forward and surprised Alison by defending her. "Get over the fact that she is rejecting you."

Susan took a step back and watched the three of them for a second. A nasty smirk graced her red lips. "Soon you will understand that you should have chosen me other than these two weirdos." she laughed as she turned around and walked away with the girls following her like lost puppies.