Chapter 7 : Shopping

~EDITED~

CHAPTER 7

The next day saw a flurry of excitement in many households as an army of owls delivered a dream to every eleven year old magical child, their Hogwarts letter which they had been dreaming of attending as soon as they could understand the stories of their siblings, parents or their family members and it was a very important milestone for the child, signaling that they had attained enough magical maturity to begin their formal schooling. Parents watched with pride as their little one received an invitation to study at the most famous school in Europe, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Some would of course reject it opting to study at either Durmstrang Institute or Ilvermorny Institute of Magic but most had already made up their minds to attend. Pureblood or mundane, the excitement was palpable in every household.

It was no different in Potter Mansion. Thomas Potter, who was seated on his high seat having a big breakfast of eggs, bacon and milk shrieked, as he spotted an owl flying towards and dropped a heavy parchment envelope into his lap, spraying milk and half chewed food all over the table. The happy parents, Lily and James did not even bother to reprimand their precious son as they believed all children to be messy eaters at the eleven and began congratulating the boy making him puff in pride. The parents of the Savior hurriedly began cleaning the mess and immediately sought to get ready since the press would arrive soon. 'The Savior going to school is surely headlines material. With Thomas starting school, we can start on the school series merchandise. My son is all grown up.' James thought gleefully as he cleared the disgusting mess on the table as Lily ushered their son to get dressed. Not once did the proud parents even remember their other son.

The said other son was hardly bothered about the arrival of the letter which was delivered by a brown owl. He gave one glance at the standard yellow parchment before focusing his attention back to his breakfast which he cut and chewed with the grace of a Lord. His grandparents watched amused as Harry barely glanced at the letter before Dorea asked "Excited are we?"

Harry swallowed before shrugging "I know it's supposed to be magical and all but seriously, I knew I was going to get this letter since I was five. I seriously don't want to attend Hogwarts. I would rather attend Durmstrang Institute or ilvermony because of some stupid law I have to attend Hogwarts. The excitement is only for the shopping part."

Charlus ruffled his hair fondly and said "Either ways congratulations on getting in. Now I have a few instructions for you on your shopping trip. As informed yesterday, today is a Wizengamot meeting and we the old people will not be able to make it so you will go with Lucius and Narcissa along with Bellatrix and her husband, and after you come I have a few surprises for you when you return?" Harry gave a simple nod.

"I don't want you to use your trust fund for this. Here" Charlus handed him a large ornate golden key with a P engraved on it. "This is Lord Potter vault. As the primary heir, you have all the rights to use the money inside. I want you to get the best materials alright? You will be representing the House of Potter so only the best, yes?"

"Yes grandfather."

"Stick close to the others and have a great time son. Entering Diagon Ally for the first time as a student is a magical feeling and I want you to enjoy Harry but stay safe alright?" Harry responded simply by hugging his grandfather who chuckled and ruffled his hair "Good lad. Now go get dressed and you can floo over to the Blacks. I'll see you in the evening."

Harry got up and gracefully made his way upstairs, well aware of the proud expressions on his grandparents faces which made his heart swell with joy. He took his time to decide his outfit since he was representing House Potter to the public for the first time and he knew the importance of first impressions.