Chapter 43 : Peverell Ghost! Death of Hadrian Potter

Chapter 43

White. Silent.

The last thing Harry remembered doing was mocking Nott in the graveyard and Nott firing a killing curse at him so he was DEAD!

When Harry opened his eyes he could see nothing but Darkness Harry wondered if anyone else was with him if not man it was going to be hell boring

"Hello?" his voice reverberated loudly, echoing against nothing. For several moments there was no reply of any kind, not a single sound was made.

"Hadrian," the voice reverberated like Harry's, a delayed reply to Harry's question. The voice sounded familiar but it wasn't until it repeated Harry's name that Harry recognised its familiarity. It sounded like his own. Its tone and accent. The voice sounded like both Harry's own voice mixed with a bit of Harry's Grandfather. So the fact it resembled Harry's voice more confirmed it wasn't Charlus, so the only way to identify the voice was to find its owner. So Harry turned around and there stood a man dressed identically to Harry. He looked like Harry and Charlus, he had jet black hair that was ruffled in places and shining blue eyes. His nose was rounded and his ears small, his mouth formed a smile to show white teeth which Harry was sure he shared in this place. The mysterious man was palled in complexion too, the skin stretched over his skinny form, he appeared to be just an inch taller than Harry. He spoke again; "Harry."

"Who are you?" Harry asked as the man walked towards Harry.

"Me?" the man chuckled, "I seem familiar, yes?"

"You look like me and my Grandfather. I don't understand."

"My name is Ignotus Peverell."

Harry's brain whirred abruptly, his thoughts lit like wildfire. Ignotus Peverell! The third brother from the Tale of the Three Brothers taken out of the Beedle the Bard. The story is about how the three brothers wanted to cross a river and used their magic to construct a bridge to cross to the other side. Having cheated death, Death himself rewarded them with gifts. Ignotus took Death's own Invisibility Cloak to hide from him for the rest of his life as Death killed the other two brothers. Ignotus then saw his cloak passed on, generation to generation. Harry was his descendant and had taken the cloak from his brother at the end of first year.

"Am I dead?"

"No, Harry."

"But you're dead. Hundreds of years ago, yeah? You are my ancestor? The third brother? The one who hid from death and passed the Cloak of Invisibility down to me and my family? Is it you the founder of death book?" Harry was in denial, shocked. He couldn't believe he wasn't dead but Ignotus was here.

"Yes, it's me." Ignotus laughed again.

"So, does he exist? Death, I mean?"

"No, no. Death isn't a person, Harry. Don't be childish. It's a spirit."

"So, no-one gave you the Cloak? You and your brothers?"

"Something spoke to us. Some sort of force. Asked us what we wanted for rewards?" Ignotus explained casually, Harry eyed him, stunned, "We replied. They appeared. The rest is history, I guess."

"So there is such a thing as Death?"

"Death is rather a force...the thing that takes us from life and punishes us when we disobey what he has planned for us. He tried to punish us for defying him but it backfired on my behalf. I outwitted it. And if I hadn't you wouldn't be here...alive!"

Harry didn't know what to say, his voice struggled to exit his mouth, "So I am alive?!"

"Didn't I already say."