Chapter 62 : Honours!

Chapter 62

One thing no one understood was how did Harry come back at the right time to finish the war and when Harry was confronted about it he revealed that while he had confined himself to Peverell Castle and cutoff all the connection from the outside world he was rigorously practicing and researching Peverell Magic to find a way to remove the Horcrux from Gaunt family ring which has resurrection stone. When he finally found a way he removed the Horcrux from the ring and replaced it with a piece of paper, which he destroyed with a killing curse. He used the resurrection stone to talk to his Grandparents who had a nice talk with him and brought him back to his senses and bid him to not use the stone again. After which he trained in the castle grounds. He received the news of the attack on Hogwarts which he had anticipated, from Toby and he rushed back to Hogwarts.

Hadrian Potter stood on platform 9 ¾ along with the Potters, Blacks, Malfoy and Greengrass parents, awaiting the arrival of the Hogwarts express bringing the students home for the summer holidays.

The past few months had been rather strange in many ways for the teen. Things had certainly changed in the wizarding world with the fall of Tom Riddle and Hans Gaulitier, mostly for the better.

There were many things that had irked Hadrian since the battle of Hogwarts, but he had expected it to an extent. He had not, however, expected things to change so drastically and so quickly for himself.

There were things he managed to take in his stride; the continuous congratulations of the public and words of support and gratitude falling into that category. Though it did get a bit bothersome after a while, particularly when he merely wanted to do some shopping or have a little time away from his home. He remained patient with the members of the public and found that he appreciated the praise, even though it would be much preferable for them to not be so keen on vocalising it so loudly, and so often. He had, after all, only done what he knew was right and what he had to do, not for the glory or praise he was receiving.

The thing that had plagued him the most was the media that became incessant with their questioning and requests for interviews, which he always refused. He had been firm with the fact that he would not discuss anything pertaining to the war with them, yet, they continually insisted. Even though Amelia Bones herself had ordered them to leave him alone, there was no law to prevent the hounding he received. Luckily, the auror's were quick to come to his aide to disperse the annoyance. He questioned multiple times if he should have refused his father's proposition of placing men from the Potters army to guard him everytime he went out.

Ever since the conclusion of the war, he had been on the receiving end of many offers, some flattering but most quite disconcerting. There had been offers of product endorsements from more companies than he could count, with some that he found flattering and others that did not sit well with him.

The first had been an offer from Teen Witch Weekly asking him to pose in the magazine, something he refused to do without any form of compromise. He remembered the article they had written about him only too well and it in no way appealed to him. Not only would Daphne have strung him up if he had even considered it but the ribbing he would have undoubtedly gotten from his friends would have been unbearable and never-ending.

FLASHBACK

Hadrian had just managed to escape from a trip to Diagon Alley that had ended up with him being cornered by members of the public. They were trying to congratulate him and offer him their gratitude for what he had done for them, something he would never get used to. He had merely ventured out to go to Gringotts.

He entered the drawing room and sighed as he looked upon the mountain of mail he had received that very morning. He had put Lily in charge of dealing with it after he himself was not able to face the task anymore. Lily insisted that she quite enjoyed the job and had developed a system of screening the letters and arranging them into piles based on what they were.