Chapter 56 : Hogwarts Revamped II

Chapter 56

Fifth Year

Third Level Intermediate Courses

OWL Review

Intermediate English/Latin – Students will continue to learn about the English and Latin languages including reading in writing in both languages, vocabulary from the Wizarding and Muggle worlds, sentence and paragraph structure, and spelling.

Intermediate World History Will include both Wizarding and muggle history and how they affected each other in the past. Class will review the previous years' lessons and create a timeline of both wizarding and muggle history for reference.

Intermediate Wizarding World Studies For the muggleborn and muggle-raised. This class will cover etiquette, traditions, and rituals observed in the wizarding world. Students will discuss what will happen after Hogwarts and several more extensive topics. This class will interact with the Muggle World Studies students once a week to compare and debate selected topics. Field trips may be taken to different locations throughout the year that have a bearing on what is being discussed at the time.

Intermediate Muggle World Studies – For the pureblood and wizarding-raised. This class will cover a more in depth look at the methods muggles use to get around their lack of magic. Students will discuss the major technologies that the muggle world uses. This class will interact with the Muggle World Studies students once a week to compare and debate selected topics. Field trips may be taken to different locations throughout the year that have a bearing on what is being discussed at the time.

Intermediate Offensive/Defensive Magics – This class will include a physical fitness program. Students will review all of the spells they have learned so far as well as their classification and the theory behind them. Students will also start to learn more battle spells and tactics. Regular duel tournaments will be scheduled this year and will include team duelling. Students will continue to cover the spells they are defending against as well as the ministry classification system of Dark items, spells, and creatures and what caused them to be classified as Dark.

Intermediate Charms – This class will cover the study and classification of the spells known as charms. It will review the magical theory, wand movements, and more complex charms that the students have learned in previous years as well as learning some of the more complicated charms.

Intermediate Transfiguration – This class will review the study of transfiguration and will include the magical theory behind it along with wand movements and item-to-item association. Students will also review the spells they have learned so far including inanimate to inanimate and animate to animate transfigurations.

Intermediate Potions – This class will review the potions they have learned about and will include ingredient reactions and preparations and brewing more complex potions to be used for medical and household purposes. Students will also review how to break down a potion into its component parts to figure out what it is and how to modify it. The students will continue to maintain a potion journal to record their testing and modifying of potions.

Fifth Year Electives

A maximum of three classes will be allowed. Students will be allowed to substitute participation on an official sports team for one elective. Those students who possess the talent will be allowed into a special Divination course.

Intermediate Herbology – This class will review the study of the magical plants found in the wizarding world. The students will discuss all of the various magical plants and how to care for them while also reviewing the muggle plant varieties.