Chapter 61 : Afternath of war

Chapter 61

Hadrian Potter limped out of the smog, covered in both fresh and congealed blood from head to toe. His glowing green eyes stood out above it all; the young man looked completely sinister as he clutched the head of Lord Voldemort, which was shockingly half Voldemort and half Gaulitier. The head looked so grotesque it nearly made everyone throw up when he tossed it to the ground in front of them.

"Harry," James choked out as he stepped forward to greet his victorious son.

Hadrian turned to face his father who pulled him into a hug and cried into his shoulder, clinging to the young man.

Hadrian wrapped his arms around the man and shook his head, amused.

He eventually extracted himself away from his son and looked him over critically.

"Are you hurt?" he asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, Dad," Hadrian assured the man.

He felt a heavy hand clap him on the shoulder and turned to see Moody grinning at him.

"Got him then?" he growled as he nudged the head with his foot.

Hadrian just nodded.

"Good lad," Moody praised. "What are you all standing there gawking for?" he questioned the crowd angrily. "We have a hell of a mess to clean up and you've all just been drafted," he added with a smirk.

That seemed to snap the crowd out of their awestruck state.

"Lord Peverell," a voice called, causing Hadrian to turn towards it, finding himself faced with a dozen journalists, clearly waiting for a story.

He just raised an eyebrow at the familiar sight of Rita Skeeter.

"What happened while you were inside the ring of fire?" she asked with a predatory grin.

"What happened in there is between myself, Hans Gaulitier, and Tom Riddle, you certainly will get no explanation from me." He answered coldly. "All that matters is that Riddle is dead and he will not be coming back this time, that is all you need to know," he finished sternly.

"The wizarding world has a right to know!" Skeeter tried again, receiving several nods from her colleagues.

"And I have the right to some peace," Hadrian ground out, "I will not be answering questions about this," he added, shaking his head. "You will respect my wishes," he demanded.

"Did you use dark magic to defeat him?" Rita pushed a little further.

"Would you like to find out?" Hadrian growled angrily at the woman, who blanched as she saw him fingering his wand.

"That is enough." The voice of Amelia Bones cut furiously, "You will all leave Lord Peverell alone," she commanded. "He has the right to privacy as he pointed out, and he will have it."

"Thank you Minister Bones," Hadrian said gratefully.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Who did we lose?" Hadrian asked as he faced everyone standing before him.

"Percy," Charlie answered with a choked voice.

"I'm sorry," Hadrian intoned sincerely.

The Weasley's had now lost a member of their family to this conflict.

"40 Aurrors and 76 of Potter men," Sirius cut in.

"Shit," Hadrian grumbled as he pulled his hand through his hair.