Chapter 32 : Wizengamot, Date!

Chapter 32

In Wizengamot during the end of the September body of wizengamot.

"Any other announcements to be made, my lords?" asked Dumbledore at last.

Theodore Nott Sr put up his staff.

"The House of Nott would like to put forward the proposal for a marriage contract between Daphne Greengrass, the firstborn daughter of the House of Greengrass and my son and heir Theodre Nott Jr."

A hush descended over the hall. Cyrus Greengrass clenched his fists.

"I am afraid that the House of Greengrass must reject this kind offer, Lord Nott." He said politely. Muttering broke out across the hall. The Greengrass family was not as powerful as the House of Nott, everyone knew that. Cyrus refusing the contract was as good as signing his death sentence. Amos Diggory looked at Cyrus sympathetically Parkinson and Crabbe looked at Cyrus as though he was crazy.

"I see." Said Theodre sr his eyes hard. If looks could kill, Cyrus would have been dead on the floor by now. "Thank you for your reply, Lord Greengrass. I hope that you have made this decision after careful thought."

Cyrus smiled. "Of course, Theodore. However, I do have an announcement of my own to make. The House of Greengrass is pleased to announce an alliance with the Houses Potter, Peverell Gryffindor, on account of the ancient betrothal contract between my eldest daughter, Daphne Greengrass and Hadrian James Potter-Slytherin-Peverell-Gryffindor, Heir of the Most Noble and Most Ancient Houses of Potter, Peverell, Slytherin and Gryffindor."

"Impossible!" exclaimed Dumbledore. "It cannot be permitted!" Mentally he weighed the pros and cons of of greengrass family lordship going to that brat he could not be controlled but It should go to Thomas who could easily be manipulated and controlled

"Chief Warlock, you forget yourself." Interjected Griselda Marchbanks sternly. "You cannot object to any alliance that may be brought about between houses or betrothal contracts for that matter."

"Thank you, Madam Marchbanks." Smiled James. "The Houses of Potter, Peverell and Gryffindor accept the alliance." Magic flashed as the alliance was ratified.(After reconciliation James was made Lord Potter, Charlus remaining the head of Potter Clan)

"The House of Greengrass is also pleased to announce an alliance with the House of Black" Cyrus announced

"The House of Black also accepts the alliance with the House of Greengrass." Chimed in Sirius. Magic flashed once again.

"Any more announcements?" asked Dumbledore weakly. His plans were turning to dust before his eyes.

"The meeting is adjourned!" announced Dumbledore, at last. Everyone started leaving the hall. Cyrus embraced James and Sirius before leaving.

Harry lined up on the Quidditch field with his brand new team, leading them out to where Madam Hooch was refereeing. They had 3 new players- Tracey and a 6th year girl called Emily Wayne were the new chasers and the keeper was a 5th year player called Jeff Malone. The weather was horrendous- the rain was lashing down and it was stormy; Harry could have made the Hufflepuffs play instead but he didn't want to look afraid in front of the school.

The Gryffindors were approaching from the opposite side of the field, wearing red and gold robes. Harry walked up to Wood and shook the older captain's hand. "Sweaty palms," he smiled. "Looks like someone's nervous," he teased. Wood flushed a bit but he didn't respond.

"Mount Your brooms!" called Hooch. Harry pulled his right foot out of the mud with a squelch and swung it over his Nimbus 2001.

Madam Hooch put her whistle to her lips and gave it a hard blast — they were off. Harry rose fast, but his Nimbus was swerving slightly with the wind. He held it as steady as he could and turned, squinting into the rain. Within five minutes Harry was soaked to his skin and frozen. He flew backward and forward across the field past blurred red and yellow shapes, with no idea of what was happening in the rest of the game. He couldn't hear the commentary over the wind. The crowd was hidden beneath a sea of cloaks and battered umbrellas.