Chapter 17 : Philosophers Stone II

Chapter 17

Harry, Draco got up, tired from all the searching they'd been doing. As they did so, a word on the opened book Hermione had left behind caught Daco's eye. "Harry, wait," he said beckoning him closer to the book. "Look what it says there," he said pointing at the line.

Harry squinted his eyes, trying to read the ridiculously small text. "Nicholas Flamel," he said slowly, his face lighting up. "That's it Daph! That's the book we've been looking for! You're brilliant, Drake " he said

"...the stone could be in Hogwarts for its own protection," said Daphne as she and Harry walked in on the Slytherin common room.

"Yeah, but the Flamel's have an estate the size of a country. What better protection could there..." The question died on Harry's lips as he saw what was going on in the common room.

"I GIVE UP!" shouted Rigel as he stormed away, oblivious to the fact that Harry ,Draco and Daphne had walked in.

"Tracey?" asked Harry walking over to her and her stack of galleons that hadn't been there the last time they saw Tracey.

"Yes Harry?" she asked mid-laugh.

"How badly did you beat him?"

"7-0," said Tracey. "He just lost 20 galleons," she said standing up and packing her chess set.

"Remind me never to play chess against you," said Harry.

"Spolisport," said Tracey sticking her tongue.

"So you're telling me that there is a literal god stone just sitting there in the castle ready for us to take?" asked Rigel slowly, looking Harry right in the eyes. Him, Harry, Draco, Daphne and Tracey were in Harry's room. Harry nodded. "But there are going to be weird traps and what not in our way?" he asked and Harry nodded again. "And how exactly did you find this out?"

"Um," Harry shifted nervously. "Nothing illegal," he said.

"That fails to fill me with hope," drawled Rigel making them think he was channeling Snape. "I don't wanna know," he decided.

"So, what are we gonna do?" Rigel asked.

"We were thinking of stealing it," said Daphne.

"Wait what?" asked Tracey standing up. "Stealing a philospher's stone from Hogwarts? Are you three mad?"

"Relax," said Harry ignoring her question. "If Flamel really wanted to keep it safe, he would have kept it at his billion-galleon estate instead of sending it to Hogwarts. And the traps can't be that hard to get through- Dumbledore basically told us to go through it at the welcoming feast and you can unlock the door with a simple 'Alohomora.' If he really wanted to keep it safe, Dumbledore would have put really strong wards up or something."

"You are right," admitted Tracey slowly, "and think of all we could do with it. We can live forever, get even richer and do whatever we want," sighed Tracey dreamily.

"Are you two in or not?" asked Harry looking at Rigel and Tracey. Whilst he and Daphne had been finding out more about the stone, they'd also planned a way for them to get it.

Rigel and Tracey looked at each once before turning away and nodding. "We're in," said Tracey.

"So, what are we going to have to do?" asked Rigel.

"Alohomora," Harry whispered a couple of days later hiding under his invisibility cloak woven from Demiguise hair. Since he didn't have the family one (as it was given to James and then Thomas), he had received a Demiguise cloak for his 8th birthday. He'd barely used it ever since, not wanting it to get ruined. The door clicked and opened slowly, offering them all a glimpse into darkness. "Come in," said Harry whispering to the others, who were hiding under their own Demiguise cloaks they had gotten for their various birthdays.