Chapter 36 : Triwizard tournament I

Chapter 36

Soon it was time for the Beauxbaxton and Durmstrang delegations to arrive at Hogwarts. It was the 30th October and the school currently sat in the Great Hall waiting for them. Harry's classes over the past few weeks had gone particularly well, especially Defense. Moody had first trained them in dodging curses and hex, and it was safe to say some were more competent than others. It was at times like those when Harry was glad he was in good shape. However, last week he'd moved onto protective charms and shield charms, and though Harry had already known quite a few of them, there were still a few he hadn't seen.

Suddenly, the doors of Hogwarts burst open and in walked a humongous woman whose size rivaled even Hagrid's followed by several students in light-blue clothing, namely girls. As Harry gazed around the room, he noticed several boys' eyes going glassy and several girls wearing scowls. He put his arm around Daphne's waist and gently kissed just to show her where his attention was, and she seemed to be happy as she smiled brightly and somewhat smugly. The Beauxbaxtons students took seats at several different tables, mainly Ravenclaw.

"Madame Maxine," said Dumbledore loudly and happily. "A pleasure to see you!"

"As with you Dumblydorrr," she said, extending her hand so Dumbledore could kiss it. "Karkaroff is still running late?" she asked, looking around the hall.

"I do believe he'll be coming in but a moment," explained Dumbledore and the doors of Hogwarts that had been closed after the Beauxbaxton students had entered burst open again at his words.

In came a middle aged man with a wispy beard and a weak chin wearing a fur coat followed by the Durmstrang delegations, mainly boys, wearing similar clothing to their headmaster but in a brown colour. Directly behind the headmaster was a slouching figure that Harry instantly recognised from the World Cup Quidditch game.

"Merlin's beard," Rigel breathed, nudging Draco. "That's Krum!"

"Holy mother of Merlin," said Draco once his eyes travelled over to where Rigel was pointing. "It actually is! Do you have a quill on you? I want an autograph."

"Here you go," said Harry, taking out a quill from his pocket. "But you might want to wait until Dumbledore finished with his introductions because as funny as it would be, I don't think he'll give an autograph to a blond 4th year that basically harasses him as soon as he steps a foot inside Hogwarts."

"Yeah," agreed Draco. "What if he sits with us?" he asked desperately hoping Krum would come over to the Slytherin table, but to his surprise most of the Durmstrang students chose to sit with the Hufflepuffs of all people, and Draco slumped sadly.

"Can you believe him?" Daphne asked Harry. "It's only a Quidditch player!"

"Did you just call Krum just a Quidditch player?" asked Harry disbelieveingly. "As your boyfriend I'm going to need to teach you why Krum is not just a Quidditch player, and possibly the best seeker of all time."

"Come on Tracey," Daphne complained. "Help me out here."

"Nuh uh Greengrass," said Tracey. "You just insulted Krum, and be thankful we're here and not in our bedrooms otherwise you'd be getting a pillow to the face."

"I can't believe it," said Daphne. "I'm surrounded by insane Quidditch fanatics."

"Yeah, well that's what happens when the only other sports available are chess and gobstones," shrugged Tracey, going back to watching Dumbledore.

"Now that we've given a warm welcome to our guests, I would suggest that you all dig into the food!" announced Dumbledore sitting back down. Harry had missed most of his speech, not that he cared of course, and was looking curiously at the staff table. There were 2 extra seats, so there must have been a few more people coming. But who?