Chapter 16 : Philosophers Stone I

Chapter 16

"Guys, I think we're here," said Draco breaking everyone out from their sleep. Once again, Harry and Daphne had fallen asleep on top of each other and so had Rigel and Tracey. Draco had just woken up and at the right time too, since the train had just come to a stop. Christmas had been amazing for Hadrian, since he didn't have to spend time with his so called parents or brother, and the fact that he was going to get a new cousin in 9 months made it even better. Shaking themselves, the 5 got off the train making they're way into Hogwarts.

As they walked along the Hogwarts grounds, they were confronted with a rather weird sight. Hagrid's hut was of fire. And Thomas, Weasley and Granger were frantically running around trying to douse it. "Do we need to help?" whined Draco when he saw the others brought out their wands.

"As much as I like their suffering Draco, we need to," said Rigel and the 5 of them began casting Aguamenti dousing the flames. When they had finished, Thomas, Weasley and Granger looked at them very uncomfortably.

Granger broke the silence first. "That was a 4th year spell. How did you do it?" she snapped not bothering to thank them.

"Well some people have more talent than others. And anyway- you should be thanking us. We just saved your lives," Rigel snapped back feeling very annoyed.

"You're lying- I'm clearly the best in the year. You do not have more talent than me," she said. "And anyway, you did not save us. We had it under control!"

"Please- you were running around like headless chickens. You did not have it under control," said Hadrian not bothering to tell her she wasn't the best since he knew she would keep nagging him until he got a headache. "Anyway, what happened here?"

"Why should we tell you, you filthy snake?" shouted Ron drawing his wand. "Eat slugs!" he shouted murmuring something incomprehensible. A jet of light shot out from his wand, and for some reason it looked slimy. Harry simply drew up a shield using "Aegis Vocar" causing the spell to bounce back and hit Weasley head on. "Uurgh," he gargled blurting out slugs. He raised his wand again but his aim was off, so it ended up hitting Granger causing her to begin vomitting the slugs.

"Ok Thomas," began Harry. "What happened here? If you don't reveal it, I'm sure Snape would love to ask you."

Thomas looked uncomfortable but he began talking hoping he wouldn't get hit by any redirected spells. "So Hagrid got a dragon for Christmas," he began. "And..."

"Let me stop you there. He got a fucking dragon! How?"

"I don't know- he said it was some random guy."

''One of Ron's brothers work in a dragon reserve; we called him a couple days ago, asking if we can send Hagrid's dragon there and he told us that we needed the permission from the owner before we can do it. In the end, we found out that our family owned the dragon reserve. But, as he was being handled, Norbert- that's the dragon's name- set a little fire in the forest. Hagrid said it'd burn out, but when we were visiting him today, it had spread to his hut. He wasn't there, so we had to put it out."" Thomas said

"Which dragon reserve does your friend's brother works in?" Hadrian ask

"The one in Romania." Thomas said "wait we have more than one dragon reserves than the one in Romania,?"

"Of course we do. Didn't James ever teach you about our family history, or at least our holdings?" Hadrian said

"He told me, but I... never really paid attention to those lessons." Thomas said

"Remind me to give you a book about our House's history. What kind of dragon does Hagrid have?" Hadrian ask

"A Norwegian Ridgeback," Thomas answered.