Only if you knew

This one shot follows " Void " and " Nightmares " which means that Yelena and you are partners. She may feel something more about you though.

You were watching a movie with Wanda and Yelena in the living room, cuddling with the red head.

You two had developed a close friendship over the past few months and she was a very soft pillow.

The blonde spy was sitting next to you as well but you were not touching each other. You knew she didn't like physical contact and you didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

Even if she seemed to tolerate it much better when it came from you, you were scared to overstep her boundaries. You couldn't tell why but the thought of hurting her was unbearable to you.

After around half an hour, you started to find the movie quite boring and your eyelids got heavier and heavier.

You tried to fight the urge to sleep but the day had been really exhausting and soon, you were complete gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wanda Pov :
I noticed that Y/n's head had become heavier on my shoulder and then realized that she was indeed fast asleep.

I smiled softly, happy to see that she was finally getting the rest she needed.

We stayed like this for around half an hour, the movie still playing as me and Yelena ignored each other.

To be fair, we were not exactly ignoring each other she was just... hard to get to know and kinda intimidating.

I knew that Y/n and her were more or less friends but I had never managed to start a real conversation with Yelena.

She usually prefered to stay away from me and from anyone but Y/n and Natasha in general. Socializing wasn't really her thing or maybe she just didn't feel like talking to anyone.

The film was almost over when I felt Y/n shifting on my shoulder. I cursed myself for waking her but then realized that she was still unconscious, just moving in her sleep.

She slowly started slipping away from me, getting closer and closer to Yelena who was sitting on her right.

When Y/n's head finally settled on her lap, I anxiously waited for the blonde spy's reaction.

Yelena's hatred for physical touch was well known on the compound and I expected her to push Y/n away as fast as possible.

But instead, she did something I never thought would ever happened : She smiled. And it wasn't the ironic smirk she liked giving to everyone but a true and genuine grin.

I didn't like using my powers on people but I couldn't prevent myself from feeling their energy when I was around them.

And it was the first time Yelena didn't seem like she was going to either have a nervous break down or kill everyone in the room. She was just peaceful and relaxed, like the girl she was holding in her arms.

" You have feelings for her, don't you. " I couldn't help but ask after a few minutes.

" Wh... What did you just say ? " The blonde spy stared at me, red like a tomato. " Did you look into my head or spied on me with your weird powers ??? "

" I didn't. " I replied, chuckling. " But you just admitted it was true."

Yelena turned even redder and looked away, obviously extremely embarrassed.

" Maybe I did. " She shrugged. " It doesn't matter anyway. "

" Of course it does ! You two would make such a cute couple ! You're so adorable together ! "

" Y/n..." Yelena hesitated. " Y/n is really great but I'm not ... The kind of person you want to be in a relationship with. For a lot of reasons. "

" I see..." I tried putting a comforting hand on her shoulder but she hissed and pushed me away. " But you should still tell her about what you feel. She really seems special to you. "

" She is. " Yelena looked at the girl sleeping on her lap with the softest smile I had ever seen on her. " And that's why her and I can't be together. She deserves someone stable and well, normal. Not a wreck like me. "

" But you aren't a wr..."

" Just stop acting like you know everything about me okay ? " She almost yelled but held back to avoid bothering Y/n. " You have absolutely no idea who I am or what I'm capable of doing so just leave me the fuck alone. This discussion is over. "

She scooped Y/n up and left the couch to bring her back to her room.

I watched the two of them disappear and smirked. Despised what Yelena had told me I still planned on playing match maker between her and Y/n.

They really would be cute together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your Pov

You opened your eyes, feeling someone covering you with a warm blanket.

" Yelena ? " You whispered sleepily. " Where am I ? "

" You fell asleep during the movie and I brought you back to your room. " She answered, already getting away from you. " I think you need to rest so... Have a goodnight. "

" Will you stay with me ? It's very cold tonight. "

" I..." She turned away from you, obviously embarrassed by something. " I don't want to bother you, you know I scream and kick a lot in my sleep. Just... Get some rest okay ? "

She headed out before you could say anything and you sighted. Her behavior would have confused you if the situation had been different but you knew exactly why she was acting like this.

Because you had woken up in the middle of her conversation with Wanda and basically heard everything.

Now you needed to figure out how to tell Yelena about it and if you felt the same about her or not...