Little sister (3)

This one shot features Yelena getting the hug she needs (finally). It takes place a few days after the previous one.

" Everything's fine ? " you put a hand on your girlfriend's shoulder." I don't want to be rude but you look absolutely awful. "

" Well, Natasha is sleeping well and does not seem traumatized by what happened  " Yelena shrugged. " So yeah, everything's fine. "

" You know everything doesn't only mean Natasha right ? " You said carefully. " Of course, I care about your sister's well being but what about you ? How are YOU feeling ? "

" If you and Natasha are fine then so am I. " The blonde shrugged again. " I don't know what else I can tell you. "

You sighted, looking at your girlfriend worriedly. The dark circles around her eyes, her puffy eyelids, the winces of pain she let escape every minutes or so.

She was obviously NOT fine. Anyone could have seen it and you were not just anyone. You were Yelena's girlfriend which meant that it was your role to take care of her.

" When was the last time you had a full night of sleep huh ? " Yelena remained unresponsive, her eyes purposely avoiding yours. "Please Lena, I'm trying to help you !"

A noise was heard, coming from Natasha's room and your girlfriend immediately got up.

" My sister is awake" Yelena sighted. " I have to go. "

" But..."

" Just drop it okay ? " She kissed your cheek, her voice dull and tired. " I'm alive and so are you and Natasha. Nothing matters more than this. "

The blonde walked away, leaning on her crutches. She wasn't supposed to move but of course, she had refused to stay in bed. Even with one knee almost destroyed, Yelena coudn't stay still and let you take care of her.

You just hoped she would get better eventually, even though you didn't really think that it was possible. Not if she didn't rest and kept of refusing to be looked after.

Yelena Pov :

I limped to my sister's room, my mind foggy and unfocused.

I felt like I hadn't been able to think properly since the attack, the pain and lack of sleep taking all the space in my head.

" Lena ? " I heard Natasha's small voice calling me. " Can you stay with me please ? I had a nightmare. "

At the word "nightmare", I immediately rushed to hug my little sister, her puffy eyes causing me to worry even more.

" What was it about Маленький ? Did you see bad men ? "

" Bad men ? " She looked so confused I immediately felt reassured. " There were no bad men, just a green monster with big sharp teeth ! "

" Green monster don't exist, you don't have to be scared. " I kissed the top of Natasha's head. " Now close your eyes, I'll stay with you, okay ? "

My sister nodded and in a minute or so, she was fast asleep again. I looked at her, so peaceful and innocent and I prayed she would never have to understand that the worst monsters usually weren't green with very sharp teeth...

I rested my head on a pillow next to Natasha and closed my eyes to try getting some rest... Only to wake up an hour later, panicking and crying uncontrollably.

I put my hand in front of my mouth to muffle the sobs, my whole body shaking with fear.

My nightmares had got better with time but they were coming back worst and worst every night.

Almost losing my sister had triggered something in my head that I couldn't really explain.

Or maybe it wasn't just that, maybe I was tired of wearing a mask all the time.

All I wanted was to be strong, to be in control of my emotions. Because that's what widows were, weren't them ?

But I couldn't do it anymore, everything was just too much. I knew I was going to break at some point and I just hoped Y/n would be there to catch me when I would .

Yeah I know it's short but I like cliffhangers so, you'll get the next part in a few days. Please, don't forget to leave comments, I really love reading them.