Trouble in Paradise (2)

Yelena's Pov

After having done some research, I decided that there was only one place Kate could be.

Getting out of the apartment, I quickly made my way towards her building, a couple of streets away from ours.

When I finally found myself in front of it, I hesitated. Kate seemed pretty upset when she left (probably because of me), maybe she would prefer to be left alone ?

Taking a deep breath I ended up deciding to take the fire escape anyway. If she wanted me to leave then, I would but I absolutely needed to try.

Y/n woudn't forgive me if I didn't fix my mistake and bring Kate back.

When I finally landed on the roof, the brunette was there, hugging her knees to her chest.

" Kate ? " I tried cautiously, careful not to startle her. " Are you okay ? "

" Yelena ? " She shot me a very confused look. " W...What are you doing here ? How did you find me ? "

" I'm a black widow assassin. " I shrugged. " Finding people is part of my job. "

" I see..." Kate lowered her head and I could see she had been crying. " That still doesn't explain why you're here. Shoudn't you be with your girlfriend ? "

" She refuses to talk to me because of our argument. " I sighted deeply. " And since she's very worried about you, I thought I would try bringing you back at our place. "

The brunette didn't reply anything and just buried her face deeper in her knees.

Shit, I was really starting to feel guilty now.

" Don't cry okay I...I'm sorry for what happened. I know I acted very stupidly."

" This isn't about you." Kate gave me a small reassuring smile. " I just had the stupid idea to take a nap when I went back and I had another nightmare. I'm fine now, really. "

I sat down next to her, not really knowing what to say.

Comforting people had never been my strong suit and I barely knew this girl...

" Nightmares suck huh ? " I asked her, trying to engage a conversation. " I get them too you know."

" All heroes do, don't they ? "

" Heroes ? " I was extremely confused. " I'm no hero. I'm just trying to fix my past mistakes."

" Well that's not what Y/n told me. " The brunette shrugged.
" She said you spent most of your time freeing widows from mind control. That's the kind a stuff a heroe would do right ?"

" I don't know I...Wait, you guys actually talked about me ? "

Kate chuckled, obviously amused by my embarrassment before nodding.

" Of course we did. " She looked at me, this time with a more serious face. " She really loves you you know ? Like really really loves you. "

I cleared my throat, blinking away the tears that were now threatening to fall.

" I messed up. I let my stupid trust issues took over and now
Y/n probably hates me. "

" She could never hate you. " Kate patted my shoulder comfortingly. " She's hurt because she thinks you don't trust her. "

The brunette got up and started making her way towards the fire escape.

" Wait, where I are you going ? "

" Back to your appartment, duh. " She stopped, waiting for me to follow her. " Come on, do you want to Y/n to forgive you or not ? "

She had just finished her sentence when a bunch of men in black landed on the roof, pointing guns at us.

" Shit, Kate ! " I screamed at her, knocking out a guy on my right. " Who did you piss off ? "

" I don't know ! " She answered, also trying to fight off an opponent. " Clint and I deal with  so many bad guys every days, half of the city probably wants me dead !"

I sighted and went to punch another guy.

We fought like this for around ten minutes, perfectly coordinated despise having never trained with each other.

I had to admit Kate was better than I expected her to be.

" Kate, watch out ! " I warned her as someone landed behind her.

She turned back but wasn't fast enough to avoid the punch that sent her flying on the roof.

She hit the wall abruptly and slumped on the floor, unmoving.

I cursed before taking out the remmaining guys.

Once I was sure they were all completely out of it, I ran to Kate's side.

" Kate ? " I shook her gently but got no reaction. " Kate, come on ! Open your eyes ! "

Touching her neck, I was relieved to feel a steady pulse. That didn't really prevent me from panicking though.

If this girl died, it would be my fault and the end of my relationship with Y/n.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your Pov :

" Y/n, please I need your help !"

Yelena's panicked voice woke you up from your slumber and you immediately rushed to the living room.

You were expecting anything but certainly not to see your girlfriend holding Kate's limp body in her arms.

" Oh my god ! " You exclaimed, running to check on your best friend. " What happened ? Is she okay ? "

" We were attacked and she hit her head. " Yelena blurted out.
" I didn't know what to do so I brought her here. This...this is all my fault ! "

Seeing that she was becoming more
and more frantic, you took Kate from her arms before carefully laying her on the sofa.

" El, don't panick " You smiled at her after checking on your best friend. " Kate is just knocked out. She will probably be out for a while but ultimately, she'll be perfectly fine."

Yelena gave you an anxious look and did not stop pacing around the sofa.

" Hey. " You gently wrapped her in a hug from behind. " None of this is your fault okay ? You saved Kate's life ! "

" Don't touch me like that." Your girlfriend pulled away from the hug. " You should hate me for what I did. Why are you being so sweet all if the sudden ? "

" Because I love you ! A stupid argument won't change that ! " You noticed that Yelena was still avoiding your gaze. " Wait, is this because I gave you the silence treatment ? "

The blonde still refused to meet your eyes and you gently grabbed her chin.

" El, look at me please. " Her hazel eyes finally met yours and you could see that she was feeling very bad. " I only stopped talking to you because I needed some time to think. I shouldn't have do this and I promise I never hated you. "

The blonde didn't reply anything, wrapping her arms around you instead.

" Please don't leave me okay ? " She sounded so vulnerable your heart ached in your chest.

" I won't. " You reassured her. " But would you mind if Kate came to visit sometimes ? She's like a sister to me and I would really like the two most important girls in my life to get along. "

" Nah. I kinda like her. I mean... She really is a great fighter and she also seems to make you very happy so...It's fine by me. "  The blonde stopped before adding with a smirk. " As long as she doesn't make you too  happy if you see what I mean. "

You poked her gently, laughing. Glancing towards Kate, you smiled. Her and Yelena would definetly like each other.

So, this is it. Please let me know what you thought 😉.