Only if you knew 5

" It's alright, you're alright. " You whispered, rubbing the back of a shivering Yelena. " It was just a nightmare. "

She sniffed, wiping her eyes before looking at you with a guilty face.

" I'm grateful you're here but... You know you really don't have to right ? " The blonde seemed so sorry it was heartbreaking. " I mean, it happens at least once a week and you have better things to do than taking care of an emotional wreck like me. "

" Don't apologize, El. " You removed a strand of hair from her face. " I promise I don't mind. "

She didn't seem convinced but dropped the topic anyway, laying her head on your lap.

It was around 9am, two days after you had saved Yelena from drowning. You two had slept together (in a non sexual way of course) in your room like the night before since you didn't want to be separated from her just yet.

Yelena had just woken up from a nightmare, a bad one given her blank expression and shivering body, and now, like always, she was feeling guilty about it.

You had told her an accountable amount of times that none of it was her fault but it never seemed to really help her. Those nightmares made the blonde feel like a burden and you knew she absolutely couldn't stand it.

You were still rubbing Yelena's back when Wanda barged in, an enthusiastic smile on her face.

" So Y/n have you told Yelena that you heard our..." She stopped, realizing that the spy was in your bed. " Our... "

" Our what Wanda ? " The blonde probably didn't mean to be agressive but she was already on edge because of her nightmare.
" What are you trying to say ? "

" N... Nothing. " Wanda stuttered, looking at you for help. " Nothing important. I... I'm going to leave you two alone. "

She headed out of the room, leaving you alone with a very suspicious Yelena.

" So, care to explain ? " She asked, looking at you straight in the eyes.
" What's going on exactly ? "

" I see someone is jealous. " You tried to joke. " You know Wanda and I are just friends right ? "

" Of course I do. " The blonde replied, blushing slightly. " And why would I care about how you feel about Wanda anyway ? I just don't like to see you're keeping something from me. "

" But I'm not..."

" Y/n, I'm the second deadliest spy on earth, I can tell when people lie. "

Your looked away, trying to avoid her gaze. Of course, you wanted Yelena to know the truth but on the other hand, you were scared.

You had kept something from her and you knew that Yelena hated lies more than anything .

"ImayormaynothaveheardyourconversationwithWanda. " You muttered as fast as possible.  "Theonewhereyoutoldheryouhadfeelingsforme " (sorry if this was difficult to read )

You expected her to be angry, upset, at least to say something. But instead, she made an unreadable face, the one that meant she didn't want to share whatever she was feeling with you.

Being in love with a spy was very cool but it could also be pretty difficult.

" El, please say something. " You reached for her hand but she pushed you away. " Please, I didn't mean to upset you. "

" Well I guess you did it anyway. " Her face was still unreadable but her voice cracked a little. " I can't believe you hid this from me. "

" I didn't know how to..."

" How to tell me that I was ridiculous ? Well you should have at least tried. I can't... God I can't imagine how stupid you must think I am. "

You opened your mouth to comfort Yelena but she was already storming out of the room.

" El, please ! " You screamed. " Please I don't think you're ridiculous, I promise !"

The blonde didn't turn away and disappeared from your sight.

Defeated, you laid back on your bed. Running after her was extremely tempting but you knew it woudn't do any good.

Yelena needed some time alone to calm down and deal with her emotions.

After this maybe you could stop being a coward and actually confess your feelings for her...

" Y/n, have you seen Yelena ? " Natasha entered your room without knocking. " We were supposed to train together and I can't find her. "

" No I... I haven't . "

" Y/n " She gave you a suspicious look. " I can see you're lying, what' going on ? "

" Fuck, you really are Yelena sister huh ?"

" Why are you saying that, what fucking happened with her ?? " Natasha yelled this time, losing her temper. " You better answer my question, you know what I'm capable of when it comes to my little sister ! "

You gulped but quickly understood that avoiding this conversation was impossible (if you wanted to stay alive).

" Alright . " You backed off, trying to put some distance between you and her. " I'll tell you but only if you promise you won't kill me after. "

" Nah, tell me and then I'll decide what to do with you. "

You sighted and finally started telling the redhead  about everything. The conversation you had overheard, your chats with Wanda and finally the feelings that you had for Yelena.

" So you say you're in love with my baby sister. " Natasha stated as you were finally done. " And yet you lied to her and made her feel stupid when she was already very upset. "

" I... I didn't mean to. I..."

" Well I don't care okay ? " She grabbed you by the collar, pinning you against the wall. " You better find a way to fix this, and fast. I swear if you break Yelena's heart or hurt her again I will kill you with by bare hands ! "

She dropped you and stormed out of the room, leaving you panting on the floor.

" I'm so fucked. " You muttered under your breath.

And you really were.