Make a choice (3)

It's been a while so here's a quick reminder : You want Yelena and it seems like she feels the same. Except something is keeping her from admitting her feelings. It's up to you to discover what.

" So, are you planning on ignoring me forever ? " You asked the blonde as she looked out of the window for potential ennemies. " Come one Lena, you've been acting super weird since our last mission with Peter. Did I do something wrong ? "

Your friend didn't reply anything, her eyes refusing to meet yours. It had been like this for days now. Ever since that night in the safe house, Yelena refused to touch, talk, or even look at you.

She had only accepted to be your partner today because she hated leaving you alone on missions. The blonde always felt the need to protect you at all cost but you didn't know that. You just thought she had been somehow forced to stay with you.

" Everything's clear. " Yelena spoke in her talkie walkie. " I think we got them all. "

" El, please talk to me ! " You tried again, almost desperatly. " Please, tell me what happened so I can fix it. I can't stand this situation anymore ! "

She ignored you, avoiding your gaze once again. Despite yourself, you felt hot tears stinging in your eyes and you wiped them angrily.

" I really thought you cared about me, you know. " You whispered, not trusting your voice. " But it seems like I'm just a burden to you after all. "

Yelena was still completely unbothered by your pleadings when a black projectile landed on the floor.

" Get down ! " Your friend screamed immediatly, her face turning white. " Get down, it's going to blow up ! "

Before you had time to react, the blonde tackled you to the ground and shielded you with her body.

Then, the whole world exploded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your ears were ringing like crazy
but for a reason you couldn't understand, you were somehow alive.

It took around 30 seconds to your foggy brain to remember Yelena had jumped on you before the impact.

Yelena had jumped on you before the impact.

" Lena ! " You immediately screamed, desperate to hear her voice. " Lena, please tell me your okay ! "

No one answered and your blood ran cold.

Getting up was a torture but you pushed through it. Nothing mattered if the girl you loved hadn't made it out alive.

You wandered around the field for what felt like hours before spotting Yelena's body on the floor.

Natasha was already by her side, trying to get her to open her eyes.

" She's breathing. " The redhead told you as your face visibly crumbled. " But she definitely has a concussion and...oh shit !"

She went completely white and so did you when you followed her gaze.

A massive piece of wood was sticking out of Yelena's right shoulder.

It wasn't bleeding too much but still looked pretty bad.

You were glad the blonde was unconscious because despite having a high pain tolerance, she would suffer horribly.

" We have to get her back to the safe house " Natasha stated, obviously shaking. " She needs some proper medical assistance. "

She picked Yelena up and you went to help her but she stopped you.

" I can do this Y/n. Just get back to the safe house and make sure everything's ready okay ? "

You nodded and immediately started running. Your legs were still a bit weak but you could do this.

Yelena had just saved your life and now, it was up to you and Natasha to save hers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
" I can walk Natasha, put me down ! " You heard the blonde's voice before actually seeing her. " Put me down, come on ! "

The redhead entered the house, still carrying a wide awake Yelena.

" You're bleeding Lena, just let us take care of you okay ? " You tried to get her to calm down as Natasha was settling her on a table. " We need to treat your shoulder but we can't do that if you keep on moving. "

Yelena groaned but ultimately accepted to stay still.

" Good girl. " You kissed her head. " I'm gonna check on Natasha. Don't move alright ? "

She nodded and you left the room to find her sister.

" What's wrong Tash ? " You asked her, seeing that she seemed pretty shaken up. " I don't think Yelena's injury is life threatening. We can put her to sleep, take out the piece of wood and then stitch her up. We've done that multiples times before."

" Yeah but that the thing Y/n. " Natasha breathed out heavily. " I don't have anything to put her to sleep. Or even numb the pain. No alcohol, no sleeping pills. Nothing. I hadn't realized we were out of everything. "

" You mean..."

" That I'm gonna have to perform surgery on Yelena with her completely wide awake ? Yes. " She looked at you in the eyes.
" I hope you're ready to be there for her because she will need it. "

I know it's a bit short but it was either this or no update for at least four other days. I apologize but I'm litteraly snowed under with work.