Prom queen

High school sweethearts au to catch a break from all the angst. I still have requests to write and I will update them but I wanted to write a fluffy one shot first.

" So, are you going to ask her to prom or not ? " Your best friend Kate asked you, glancing over Yelena. " You've been in love with her for four years now Y/n. Don't you think it's time you finally make a move ? "

" But what if...what if she says no ? " You sighted. " What if she hates me ? What if I lose her forever ? "

" Y/n...in a couple of months, you'll be living thousands of miles away from her. If you don't tell her how you feel then you'll regret it. "

You didn't reply anything, knowing fully well that Kate was right.

You wanted Yelena to come to prom with you so bad. You just didn't know how to ask her without ruining your friendship.

" What are my favorite girls up to ? " The blonde in question walked to your table, making you blush slightly. " Are you guys talking about prom ? Because if so I want to know everything ! "

" No we..." You glanced at Kate for help. " We were just..."

" Y/n was about to ask you something really important actually. " The brunette interrupted you. " And I was about to leave. "

With that, she stood up and walked out of the cafeteria.

" That bitch. " You muttered.
" What am I supposed to do
now ? "

" Ask me the question Kate was talking about maybe ? " The blonde gave you an encouraging smile. " I don't bite, you
know ? "

" Well yeah I just... This so incredibly awkward. "

" I don't mind. " Yelena giggled and your heart melt. " I mean, I'm the most awkward person ever and you still want to be friend with me don't you ? "

" You're not awkward, you're perfect. " You thought without saying anything out loud.
" You're the most perfect girl I have ever seen. "

" You sure you're alright ? " The blonde asked again, this time a bit more concerned. " Is someone sick or something ? "

" I..." You stopped but her green eyes gave you the strength to keep going. " Will you come to prom with me ? "

Yelena didn't reply anything at first which kinda made you freak out.

Then, an adorable smile appeared on her face and her gaze lightened.

" Fuck yes ! " She hugged you tight. " You don't know how long I've been waiting for you to ask me that ! "

" Awesome ! " You tried not sounding too overjoyed but probably failed. " I...I can't believe you said yes. "

" The prettiest girl in the school just asked me out. How could I say no ? "

You blushed like crazy and Yelena gave you a playful wink.

You couldn't wait to live your perfect night with her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You were in front of Yelena's door, trying to find the courage to knock.

You still couldn't believe this was actually happening.

Couldn't believe you were about to live your teenage high school dream with the girl you had been in love with for at least four years.

Yelena was perfect. And she wanted to go to prom with you. What had you done to get this lucky ?

" Okay, here we go. "

You took a deep breath and knocked three times on the door.

" Y/n ! " Melina gave you a bright smile. " You're so beautiful ! Come give me a hug !"