The life you deserve (Katexreader )

You're a widow and recently got out of the Red Room. You have a lot of traumas to deal with but hopefully a cute brunette is more than willing to help you. The real question is, will you let her ?

You were watching a movie with Kate and she was super excited because it was one of her favorite.

Someone else would have probably found her giggles and little screams of happiness annoying but not you.

Kate could never be annoying, she was perfect. Like always.

" Hey." Kate nudged you gently.
" You're not focused on the movie. What are you thinking about ? "

" How adorable you are " You thought but obviously didn't say it out loud. " Nothing. Just...stuff. "

The brunette gave you a suspicious gaze but quicky went back to the movie.

You tried focusing on it as well but found the girl next to you way too distracting for that.

She made you feel different than anyone ever had. Not only because she was really really cute but also because she treated you like a real human.

No one had ever shown any interest in you. No one had ever wanted to make you watch their favorite movie or to take you on cute little adventures.

But Kate was special. You could see that she cared and that was completely new for you as well.

You had no idea what you had done to deserve the attention of someone like her but you were surely enjoying it.

At some point, towards the end of the movie, you noticed that Kate had drifted off.

Her head was only a few inches away from your shoulder and it kept on getting closer and closer.

You froze when she finally slumped against you, having had no physical contact that didn't involve killing the other person since...well forever ?

You surprised yourself by finding it quite nice. Kate was warm against you, her hair still damp from her shower and at this moment, you knew.

You knew that whatever happened, you would do anything to protect this girl.

" Kate. " You whispered, shaking her gently. " I think it's time for you to go to bed. "

She opened her eyes and gave you an (adorable) sleepy smile.

" You're right. God I'm so mad I fell asleep like that. Now you must think the movie was boring."

" Not at all. " You reassured her. " You were tired, it happens. "

Kate nodded before heading to her room.

" Stay with me ? " She asked as you were already climbing her window. " Please ? It gets lonely here at night. "

You opened your mouth to say that of course you couldn't. Because sleeping next to someone was the kind of line you were not ready to cross yet.

But somehow, you found yourself nodding and came back into the appartment.

" What is this girl doing to me ? " You thought before joining Kate in the bedroom. " And what is this strange feeling I can't shake off ? "

" You're alrigh ? " The brunette gave you a concerned look. " I don't want to overstep you know. If you're not comfortable sleeping here with me you can go home. "

You stared at her, once again amazed by her patience. The more time you spent with Kate and the more unreal she seemed to you.

Before her, you had never thought someone with such a beautiful soul could exist.